Cabinets for RM100?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riverdragon

Reaction score
What would you guys recommend for a cabinet to go with an RM100? I mainly play metal, but I'm not looking for a metal only tone (hence my decision to get an RM100). I've heard good thing about the Lynch Box, VHT cabs, and Mesas, but I'm open to any suggestions.

if your looking into getting a good cabinet and have money which the ones you mentioned are expensive then you basically have to think about speakers. any decently designed cab will do but buying name brand like mesa or marshall or vht or whatever will cost more for name than whats in the cab hence what its worth. i wouldn't get a slant cab under no circumstances because they sound shrilly and don't have a good bass responce. imo only straight cabs are the way to go. basically mesa cabs have celestion vintage 30's in them as well as the randall mts cab. so those two are esentially the same cab but the randall has features to it and can run stereo where as the mesa cannot. marshall's come with both vintage 30's or g12t75's which have huge bass and sparkly high but not much in the midrange like the v30. i don't know much about vht's other than they are expensive but like i said its whats in side the cabinet and not the name that counts. celestions are excellent speakers and their rivals are eminence which are decent but celestions are the industry standard so i would stay with them. avatar will make you a sweet cabinet with the same design as a mesa but give speaker options galore from celestions to eminence in any and all combonations and at a fraction of the price. but if you have the money you might as well go with a randall cab they are top notch and have options for recording and stereo operation, plus you can get celestion vintage 30's which have good midrange or the t75 which have huge bass or now they are selling the t100 which is a 100 watt version of the t 75 but obviosly 25 more watts for that extra headroom. i play this cab and trust me when i say it is indestructable and it sounds killer as well. you will not blow these speakers due to the 400 watt rating of the cab.

Great write up there, Maximus. You hit all the points.

My choice would be Randall MTS cab, they work well with the rM100, V30s are good for this since the head has a lot of low end already.
The Gen Benz G-Flex or the Avatar would be my second choice. Both are great price and tone wise.

I use Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12's and they are great for just about any style.
I also LOVE the tone I get from my Mesa vertical 2x12 with stock speakers (can't remember what comes in 'em).

I got an Avatar 2x12 with V30's and it just didn't really sound as full as my G-Flex's or Mesa 2x12. It was a good cabinet for any kind of setting where you don't need a lot of low end....definitely didn't cut it if you're playing metal.

I second the Genz-Benz 2x12 for my RM100. Something about those ports... its just so clear and articulate and full sounding. I dont play metal at all and this things cleans are just the most full sounding cleans I have ever heard. So, judging by Jimosity's clips and my humble opinion the G-Flex is a bad mutha!!! oh, yea I have V30s in it... AWESOME SPEAKER!