Cheap NAD

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepplin490

Reaction score
Picked up a Marshall VS100 100 watt head yesterday for the ridiculous low price of $150, All of the features work and included the original footswitch. This amp looks like it was just coming out of its box new, no signs of wear or any kind of sign that it had been used. Its 3 channels a very nice sparkly clean and two gain channels, the two gain channels share an EQ but each have a gain and a volume and the 2nd gain channel has a countour knob that I am still figuring out exactly what it does. Has a tone shift button for the clean channel and a "power Dimension" button on the gain channels. This head has a single 12AX7 in the preamp and of course all of the rest of it is solid state.
I swore up and down that I would never buy another Solid State amp in my life but I noticed this one on craigs list and took a look at some of the demo's on youtube and was amazed at the wiiiidddeee variety of tones that this head was capable of, I heard everything from mesa high gain to 1959SLP tones and everything in between. So i figured what the hell for that price I cant lose out. The head sounds **** good running through my Randall V30 cab and has a very nice array of tones for the price that these amps re selling for you cannot beat them!
-Matt Page-

they do Kickass, used to have one myself in the 90's. Tommy Victor of Prong and I think J. Yuenger of White Zombie were rocking those pretty hard back in the day. Static-X also used those all over the place on their first 2 albums. "Snap your Fingers, Snap your Neck" and "Push It" are prime examples of that amp.

Latest posts