Clean recommendation

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairyloft

Reaction score
Sorry for the usual question but fairly new to MTS after going through a multitude of amps and have finally found the best mix with MTS (better late than never).

Pretty well set gain wise but any recommendations for a good all rounder clean, looked at the sig KH1 and Lynch but wondered what was best out there modded, Salvation etc. As you have tried them thought it was best place to start.

Love this forum picked up so much in a short time.

I've tried Salvation's Loneclean and a stock Super V. The Loneclean was a great clean module, very flexible. The Super V reminded me of Vox-ish kind of tones - very chimey, but with voxy grit when the gain got up there

Jaded Faiths Superclean is freakin awesome. Plenty of different clean tones to choose from. Check out Mattfigs YouTube vid on it.
I also have the Loneclean which is awesome as well,pretty darn close to the real Mesa Lonestar in my opinion. The Loneclean does tend to break up quite early where as the Superclean is designed not to breakup unless the gain is maxed.

Thanks! the Jaded Faith superclean sounded really cool! also love the sound of the Mesa lonestar so the Loneclean might get my first vote...choices choices! this is why I love the MTS world might have to give both a go.

The stock KH1 is great and can be had for the cheap. For a touch more grit, I still love the Deluxe and Blackface stockers.

I have a Salvation Twinface, the Deluxe mode is just *the* clean for me.
Very nice clear but rounded clean, with an edge if you push it hard :)

stock clean is killer and can be had for next to nothing.....you could even experiment with tubes with it if you needed to and still not spend alot of cash without settling....

Stock Clean and KH-1 are good for sure, I think....Clean will break up a bit although not in a great way (to me). KH-1 stays pretty clean and can take some hard hits without pops...Blackface is nice if you want a warm kinda breakup at higher gain- otherwise a great semi-clean....I have had all the stockers and most of the modded ones...If you find you the stockers are not adequate, there are some really nice modded modules from all the modders out there....Haven't heard a bad one yet...At that point you move from a straight clean tone to a more specialized tone....I love my JF Super Clean as it gives that nice warm round tone all the way through a cooler sharp pick attack...Very versatile and reasonably priced...

Good luck!