connecting 3 speaker cabinets to one head info please

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balou

Reaction score
Just looking for info on the connection of two 212 cabs and a 412 to my RM50 head (and my MG100HDFX head,no ohm selector there tho)
They are all 8ohm, the two 212's have 2 input jacks so I was just wondering about daisy chaining them and what happens to the ohm-age?
One of the 212's is a Crate V212B with Hellatone 60L's and the other is a Avatar with a V30 and a Classic lead 80. The 412 is has 4 G12 30 MG's

And yes I might just load the 412 with all those yummy celestions but then If I need to go to someones house to jam Im not gonna drag the 412 along.

8, they're run in series i guess is the correct wording. four 30 watt so 120 watt total at 8ohms. So everything is 8. I can switch the Crate to run in 16 but then its stereo not mono.
One thought is that I can daisy the two 212's and use on output for that and the other speaker output on the amp for the 412, but thats again where im confused if that would keep the 212's at 8 or drop them to 4?

If you daisy any 2 of your cabs together you'll get 16 ohms. Then you're left with one 8 ohm cab. Setting your amp impedance isn't going to match all cabs unless you rewire the 212s for 4 ohms. Then the 212s could be daisy chained in 8 ohms.

This way the 212s could be daisy chained from one output and the 412 connected to the other output with your amp set 8 ohms. That's what I would do.

K, thank you. I'll probably just the use the 2 212's then and if its enough I get to sell the 412 and recoup a little cash for more gear.
The other thing is I could use the 2nd output on the BOSS ME-70 and run both my heads with their own cabs. But thats probably overkill for just rockin out on the couch :? 8) God, its like a drug hunting for the perfect tone, and whats crazy is you can be happy one night and the next with the same settings you cant stand it.

Balou said:
K, thank you. I'll probably just the use the 2 212's then and if its enough I get to sell the 412 and recoup a little cash for more gear.
The other thing is I could use the 2nd output on the BOSS ME-70 and run both my heads with their own cabs. But thats probably overkill for just rockin out on the couch :? 8) God, its like a drug hunting for the perfect tone, and whats crazy is you can be happy one night and the next with the same settings you cant stand it.

Overkill, shmoverkill...it's all good...LOL.

Latest posts