Cover band modules, ideas?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drewiv

Reaction score
Looking for some input. Starting up a band once again, finally. We're looking at doing rock covers 60's - current (our leaning is in the 80's). Gearing up for our first practice/auditions. My rig is pretty simple (it's no Rack of Delight) RM4 & RT2/50 (maybe a VHT 2|90|2), Decimator Pro Rack G, Rocktron Intellifex, pedals in the loop include OCD & Custom Audio Boost.

I'm thinking of loading my RM4 as such: Mash-All+, Salvado DeLuxe, Sacred Groove MKII (2203/2204), Loneclean. Mash-All and Salvado are the high-gainers. The MKII is there for that Marshall "clean" sound (it's quite wonderful if you haven't tried it). The Loneclean is for crystal clear cleans (I prefer it to TwinFace). I'm considering using the Mash-oldano in place of both high-gainers and adding the S1S0 or Angel or something different? Replace the MKII with a Voxless or Matchvox? Only go one high gainer and add a 'vox?' Throw some ideas out there at me. I have a couple weeks to get it together and try it out.

I would say have a Fender, a Vox, a versatile Marshall, and then some American high gain (Soldano, Boogie, etc.) for variety.

Thanks for the replies, I'll try something like this out first time around:
Mash-All+
Salvado DeLuxe
Voxless/Matchvox
TwinFace/JF Blackface/JF Blackfaced Deluxe

I've been doing cover gigs loaded with a SL+, a Plexi (with or without boost, depending on song), and a Top Boost with the gain dialed down and riding my volume knob for a cleanish(?) sound. Sometimes miss my RM4 for that extra slot though.

Cool Drew! It's a great feeling to get back in a band when you've been away from the scene....Maybe I'll quit mine and rejoin in a few months so I can re-obtain said feeling... :)

I'd say:

1. TBA- but it's clean as clean can be! :wink:
2. Masholdano
3. Modded Recto (JF Erect/DeadPlate/Diablo/etc)
4. JF Mark X

Mattfig said:
Cool Drew! It's a great feeling to get back in a band when you've been away from the scene....Maybe I'll quit mine and rejoin in a few months so I can re-obtain said feeling... :)

I'd say:

2. Masholdano
4. JF Mark X

The best feeling is having a module coming that nobody knows about. :) See Mash-oldano, for me. :lol:

I'm not sure about a Recto sound, I've never played well with them. I have time, so there are going to be MANY modules in and out before I decide. I appreciate all the suggestions though, helps me to think outside the box.

drewiv said:
Mattfig said:

I'd say:

2. Masholdano
4. JF Mark X

The best feeling is having a module coming that nobody knows about. :) See Mash-oldano, for me. :lol:

I'm not sure about a Recto sound, I've never played well with them. I have time, so there are going to be MANY modules in and out before I decide. I appreciate all the suggestions though, helps me to think outside the box.

Even better that I actually have it and just finished playing it for an hour.... :) :)

Mattfig said:
Even better that I actually have it and just finished playing it for an hour.... :) :)

Well, now you're just taunting. That's not cool, at all. :evil:

:lol:

Drew

There's a fine line between creating suspense and causing a riot...see Axe FX for reference, lol

First off, great to hear that you're getting the band back together. Let me know when/where you're playing out!

Secondly, I've been in a cover band for a year or two with an RM100 and what I'm rolling with now is:

1. Salvation TwinFace: The gained is turned way down and when I boost it with my BBE Green Screamer I get some amazing Fender tones.

2 Salvation Mamba: I love me some high gain recto-ish sounds my rhythm. Really killer when boosted with my Fultone OCD as well.

3. Jaded Faith Mr. Scary: By far my favorite module for leads. Awesome for rhythm as well but this rips for leads. Great Marshall tone.

Still haven't been able to try out my S1SO or Angel B yet so maybe I'll have some new favorites soon :p

Latest posts