Demo video for the Jaded Faith Super Clean

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaded Faith

Reaction score
After a slight delay, I am happy to bring you the demo video for my new Super Clean original module courtesy of Mattfig:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIY3iEuB3bc

This mod was completely designed from the ground up based of a wish list Matt and I put together. No midgain compromises and not based on any particular amp. Just a pristine clean that is inspiring and fun to play. It is loud and clean all the way up to 10 on the gain, but set correctly (all options on) it can snarl if you should want it to. It has fat, round lows. The mids are hollowed out for an uncongested clean tone. The highs are bright and voiced high, but not piercing. Spank is exactly what it sounds like, adding a Fender-esque spank to things. The Touch switch restructures a gain stage, adding touch sensitivity in spades. You can finger pick a clean D chord and let it drip into an oozing sweet spot sustain, reminiscent of The Edge's eBow work on The Joshua Tree. The Humbucker/Singlecoil switch is designed to make the tone as close as possible for each type of pickup at the flip of a switch. Using it in ways it wasn't intended creates interesting options: Humbuckers on the Singlecoil setting can give a bold push that is similar to many stock cleans and Single or Split coils into the Humbucker setting give a nearly acoustic sound.

Enjoy!

Very nice tones and options. Well done Rob and thanks to Figg for showboating. Lol The 12 string tones was really good.

Absolute Masterpiece Rob. I've used this with my band for over a month now and it is the tone I've been searching for for a long long time. I get comments on my clean tone on a very regular basis.
Another top vid Matt,specially the array of guitars used to show this mods features.
I take my hat off to you guys.

awesome demo. i will put up some clips some time in the next couple weeks. quality won't compare to this...but hopefully i do the mod justice.

I am blown away by this mod. what i find in this mod is a great dynamic response; tamed low end; strong, bright high end; consistent response across the neck; and the kind of versatility that i've come to expect with a JF mod. Every note comes out clear, clean, crisp, and distinct. The sustain is also notable. It can also get enough grit to make me happy, though i will probably add some type of boost later on to get a stronger OD clean tone. I was playing my Jackson King V tuned to C with the EMG60/81 combo and the tone reminded me of two songs: "Los" by Rammstein and "The Scar" by At the Gates. "Into the Dead Sky" by ATG is also another good example.

Rob...you have hit the ball OUT OF ORBIT with this mod!! I need to go play it some more so i can find more good things to say :D I highly recommend this mod. It is affordable and the quality is top notch. If you haven't ordered this mod yet...what the hell are you waiting for??

This is next on my bucket list :D The vid just made me want to transform my stock clean even sooner.
Great vid, the pearl jam riff was money.
This mod sounds and looks super cool.
Great job Rob. Nice representation MFig.

quick...anyone who owns this mod...try these settings:
Gain: 3 o'clock or more (i have it maxed :twisted:)
Bass: a little past noon
Mids: maxed :wink:
Treble: more or less at noon (whatever you like)
Level: appropriate level for your environment
Tough: Engaged
Spank: Engaged
S/H: Single Coil (use the hottest possible humbuckers you have...bridge positions...active is possible)

Presence: Max
Density: 2 o'clock

I found my OD clean tone. Though i wouldn't mind it being a bit harsher...this tone is amazing. I'm playing on my Jackson with the EMG81 and it has left me speechless. Once i maxed those mids...it got such a thick OD tone...i am in love with it. The low end is still tamed...no mud at all. palm mutes have a distinct percussive tone to them. every note is still crisp and distinct. No note gets lost...hammer-on/pull-off licks sound great.

I have a Penta 12AX7M in the V1 and a Mullard 12AT7 in the V2. Now the Mullard presented a lot of microphonics in the V1...but now that it is in the V2 it doesn't start squealing. Instead it occasionally produces a subtle 'springy' sound. But more importantly it adds a subtle crackle in the background that i really like. it gives the tone some character.

I told you i would find more good things to say :lol:

i made a few clips using the settings above. b/c my main laptop is out of commission for the time being...i can't make vids for youtube so i made a soundclick account to post them on. The OD clean metal clip is ten minutes long. first time i played it on there it cut off short...second time it was fine. Here are the official settings:

Gain: 4 o'clock
Bass: 2 o'clock
Mids: max
Treble: 3 o'clock
Level: 9 o'clock
Touch: ON
Spank: ON
S/H: Single Coil
Master: just below 9 o'clock
Presence: max

I recorded using a Logitech USB mic like in my other demos. Unfortunately that is all i have to work with.

I am using my Jackson King V tuned to C standard and the EMG81 (bridge). Volume on the guitar is max...and the tone knob may have been rolled back some. I don't remember.

Sorry for all the background noise...my room is not that friendly towards these volume levels. I would have turned the volume up more if it wasn't for that and the fact that my parents threatened to cut off the power. Nonetheless i hope you enjoy the clips that demonstrates how this module behaves when you push it to the limit.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1195545&content=music

At 10:57 you see a man enjoying himself alot :lol:

Fig, you may want to add the video for listing, because it won't be found in the YT search this way

Would've liked to have seen a solidbody with high output p'ups in this video, since most hollowbodies have that little extra for creating beautiful cleans naturally
but all in all a VERY good video

Nightdare said:
At 10:57 you see a man enjoying himself alot :lol:

Fig, you may want to add the video for listing, because it won't be found in the YT search this way

Would've liked to have seen a solidbody with high output p'ups in this video, since most hollowbodies have that little extra for creating beautiful cleans naturally
but all in all a VERY good video

Yeah, 10:57...I remember that....Do I do another take? Or grin and bear it...Obviously you noticed my choice....Perhaps I'll make a quick extra clip with my ESP LTD EC1000 Deluxe with standard EMGs for ya....

Thanks to all who've watched so far and for any kind words mentioned too! :) This mod really is just awesome...FINALLY a real modded clean! SO worth it!

And thanks for the info on the YT status....I've revised it to "public" now...Thanks!

JKMV12 said:
quick...anyone who owns this mod...try these settings:
Gain: 3 o'clock or more (i have it maxed :twisted:)
Bass: a little past noon
Mids: maxed :wink:
Treble: more or less at noon (whatever you like)
Level: appropriate level for your environment
Tough: Engaged
Spank: Engaged
S/H: Single Coil (use the hottest possible humbuckers you have...bridge positions...active is possible)

Presence: Max

I found my OD clean tone. Though i wouldn't mind it being a bit harsher...this tone is amazing. I'm playing on my Jackson with the EMG81 and it has left me speechless. Once i maxed those mids...it got such a thick OD tone...i am in love with it. The low end is still tamed...no mud at all. palm mutes have a distinct percussive tone to them. every note is still crisp and distinct. No note gets lost...hammer-on/pull-off licks sound great.

I have a Penta 12AX7M in the V1 and a Mullard 12AT7 in the V2. Now the Mullard presented a lot of microphonics in the V1...but now that it is in the V2 it doesn't start squealing. Instead it occasionally produces a subtle 'springy' sound. But more importantly it adds a subtle crackle in the background that i really like. it gives the tone some character.

I told you i would find more good things to say :lol:

That was fun....Although I gotta say, never thought of trying an AT7 in V2...That seems kooky...Wish I had one to try though....It'll be included in my next order...I tried a 5751 and it was pretty cool....Thanks for the settings....

My fave right now is full treble and bass with mids at about 2:00...No touch activated, single coil switch...Then just me and my Hollowbody with the P90s...I can play this all day and have...Add a slight chorus and studio or ambient reverb...I mean slight, almost unnoticeable- and it really sounds nice...I'm adding some artificial harmonics as well at 750hz- very slight also...Tweakers like me get weird....The artificial harmonic is produced by my Pro-Q which I think should come standard with MTS...
OK, so Bruce, I know you have ties to Rocktron folk....How 'bout an integrated Pro-Q as an option?...Sounds silly to some...But WOW what a difference that thing makes...It allows me to fine-tune everything and also avoid tonal crossover between mods...That could really differentiate the Eggies from the wicked Randall folk too...jk :wink:

Great video, Matt! The Super Clean sounds pretty freakin' awesome with just about any pickup configuration. Kudos to Rob!

Mattfig said:
That was fun....Although I gotta say, never thought of trying an AT7 in V2...That seems kooky...Wish I had one to try though....It'll be included in my next order...I tried a 5751 and it was pretty cool....Thanks for the settings....

My fave right now is full treble and bass with mids at about 2:00...No touch activated, single coil switch...Then just me and my Hollowbody with the P90s...I can play this all day and have...
You are most certainly welcome :D

Again the reason i tried the 12AT7 in the V2 is b/c it was microphonic in the V1. It has been that way even when i had my Loneclean (which i basically traded for this). It wasn't so bad in the Lloneclean...but i guess it just got worse. But in the V2 the microphonics are not that bad and actually seem to add character to the sound. I am keeping it this way until i get a new 12AT7 and a 5751.

I will try those settings of yours. I cannot believe how awesome this mod is. It truly is the perfect clean. And i know what you mean about playing it all day...i played it for close to five hours today. The only reason i stopped b/c my parents were bugging me about it.

You have really outdone yourself Rob. I can't wait to see/hear more of your original ideas.

Mike P said:
Great video, Matt! The Super Clean sounds pretty freakin' awesome with just about any pickup configuration. Kudos to Rob!

Much thanks Mike P! This one is the winner for cleans and can really serve a great purpose in any studio.... :wink: It's fun to wrestle with finding the perfect clean without having to constantly dial back gain while in the process or play with AT7s and the like...Straight solid clean...

Anyway, thanks again!

LunatiBSW said:
This is next on my bucket list :D The vid just made me want to transform my stock clean even sooner.
Great vid, the pearl jam riff was money.
This mod sounds and looks super cool.
Great job Rob. Nice representation MFig.

Oh no....Just saw your sig....Masholdano w/ Plexi??? GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS

Mattfig said:
Oh no....Just saw your sig....Masholdano w/ Plexi??? GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS

Basically I just got a customized masholdano. I wanted the plexi bright channel mode, jose mode, masholdano hi-gain mode, then the OD boost which adds gain and tightness according to Anthony. I had it hardwired to the marshall voicing. I just wanted a badass marshall type module that could do it all, with a touch of Soldano magic, in the higher gain.

Sounds super Fender-ish.
I like the spank feature as well.
I could imagine a wah working that tone into a nice funk rhythm.
So clean...
I'm not sure about the David Hasselhoff pic at the beginning, but I'll let it ride.
funny-celebrity-pictures-google-david-hasselhoff-drunk-cheeseburger.jpg

kind of reminds me of the stock clean module with more options...really like the clean,it doesnt break up at all unless you crank the gain....

alowerdeep said:
kind of reminds me of the stock clean module with more options...really like the clean,it doesnt break up at all unless you crank the gain....

I love the stock clean so your comment is on the money...This is the stock clean + better and greater variety of tones and everything set perfectly in the tone stack...

yeah,pretty cool becasue you dont see too many modded clean modules out there capable of a wide array of tones...if I were into a wider variety of clean stuff I would get one....I just like a nice fat and clear clean and the stock clean gets that done without any problem,even with hotter pickups...

Latest posts