Dimebag tone ...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HugoLC

Reaction score
I wanna know if someone who own a Warhead could make me a audio sample of some of the tone that we can get with this amp . I know that Dime used this amp on Reiveinting The Steels so I imagine we can get a similar tone but can we get a tone like in the other album so if you own one plz make me an audio sample of it plz ( sorry for english error )

It is not just about amp ... it is about player fingers :) , guitar, strings (thicker-better) ...
And you will never get Dime's sound unless you use exactly same setup of his live rigs or go to the same studio as he went with same producer ...
And U are not Dime, why bothering getting his tone. Make your own.
:D

I would kinda like to hear some clips,I know where to get one of these heads for cheap,and I see they are selling on ebay for quite alot. :D

I don't want the exact tone of Dime but I know it's near from it

you want a randall century amp, but it doesn't stop there. to go with the century you'll need a graphic eq and a parametric eq and bam instant dimebag tone

I tried an RH model a few weeks back, and it could get some very "Dimeish" tones. Whats best is you can dial in a VERY similar tone, or something thats in the general ballpark of his tone.

Want something in the ballpark of Dime? Get an MXR 6-Band EQ, some "hot" pickups (Pickups that will give you some gain), crank your gain out of your RH as much as you can until the thing is practically on fire, (Or the warhead), cut the Mids, crank the treble, and leave the Bass just low enough that it can help support the treble when your crunching those low strings.

The whole key to his setup was his gain chain. He pounded his amp with Gain, and even when he went to the Warheads he wanted lots of Gain out of them. I have yet to find a Furman PQ4 Parametric EQ that he ran for more gain and EQ also.

Hope that helps! But to be honest, it's all about what's in your heart and hands that ultimately determines your tone and sound.

Wich RH model are yuo talking about guys ? and old one like RH100 ? or the new ones like Randall RH300G3 G3 Series ?