Does anyone like stock modules?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried the Sonic Maximizer and though it does add some nice touched I like the sound of the mods in general without it... I sold my Sonic Max... though I use BBE products still as I really like them... Green Screamer, Mind Bender, Tremor, Two Timer.

I like the stock Blackface but I did not like the Stock recto.

I like all my stock modules, I have 7. The KH-3 and 1086 and Blackface spend a lot of time in my head (they are all stock). I also have a Pete modded Recto with the works and I enjoy it but it doesn't make me like my other modules any less. I want a 1087, but I will keep my 1086 as well.

Aaron

All my modules are stock. I like the sound as they are, so no need for me to mod them... (Then again, you never know about the future).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say modding is a scam or anything. I'm just trying to play Devil's advocate.

It would be awesome if there was a thread that had soundclips comparing stock and modded modules recorded under the same conditions. I've seen nothing like this, but would love to see it.

the 1086 is my favorite module. I don't see any need for it to be modded. Everything else has left me wanting more.

All I own now are stock modules. Out of those I don't think I will have my Brown,Ultra,Ultra XL or KH1 modded. I do want to have my Deluxe, Tweed,JTM,Top Boost, XTC, Recto, SL+, Ultra Lead, Modern, 1086 modded at some point. Don't know about my other ones. MR Scary, SuperV, Twin. and the much maligned Clean module. Maybe have the resistor replaced in it so it doesn't clip with high output pickups.

Spencer4hire said:
P9090490.jpg

You don't have any particular model preference in the Jackson line, do you? :lol:

Maybe try a 3-knob model? A vibrato equipped instrument perhaps?
Didn't they discontinue that model? What were/are they called?

guitarcomet said:
Spencer4hire said:

You don't have any particular model preference in the Jackson line, do you? :lol:

Maybe try a 3-knob model? A vibrato equipped instrument perhaps?
Didn't they discontinue that model? What were/are they called?
I have other Jacksons. A RR24M and a SLATQH. I used to own a SL1 and a DK1 both with Floyds. Never got the hang of adjusting them let a lone the hassle of changing strings.
From left to right Deep Met Red SLSMG, Cabo Blue USA SLS,Red flametop SLSMG,DX6, Flametop DXMGT, Ruby Red DXMGT.