dual channel mod for rm100 head

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the crush 36

Reaction score
I was wanting some info on the dual channel mod for the rm100 I kind of understand that 1 moduel will have 2 channels and you need a dual moduel but how does the channel switching work can you use each channel of moduel together or just one channel at a time is their a way to switch with midi using one or both at same time hope that makes sence thanks

To my knowledge, any standard dual module can be played in an RM100. With access only to Channel A. The new Egnater Duallies have the switch on the faceplate to allow RM100 users to access Channel B, but only through the switch (ie: non-foot switchable). ALSO, Rob at Jaded Faith offers that same switch to be added to a standard dual module. Again, a faceplate switch.

I'm not entirely sure there is an amp mod to allow them to be accessed via MIDI foot switch. If there were I would imagine the cost to be substantial enough to warrant selling the RM100 towards the purchase of an Egnater MOD100, which does have that feature if I'm not mistaken.

I myself haven't yet heard of anyone being able to use both channels simultaneously. Like an A/B/(C=blended) thing.

Your RM100 can be modded to accept dual channel modules. Bruce offers the mod, I've had it done. Foot switchable, all access. One channel accessible at a time. Here's a thread from Egnater forum on Rig Talk.

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=45720

Oh how I wish they'd offer the mod for the RM4 :(
Strange thing is, in the rig talk thread, Jeff said the only randall with midi is the rm100 but my RM4 has a midi board in it?!?

drewiv said:
Your RM100 can be modded to accept dual channel modules. Bruce offers the mod, I've had it done. Foot switchable, all access. One channel accessible at a time. Here's a thread from Egnater forum on Rig Talk.

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=45720

BTW, contact Bruce directly, not Jeff. Jeff is no longer with Egnater and Bruce will take care of you.

JayDA said:
kurtisqpublic said:
Jeff said the only randall with midi is the rm100 but my RM4 has a midi board in it?!?

RM 1250 has MIDI as well.....

From what I've heard, doesn't the RM1250 switch dual channel modules?

From a few recent postings here people are saying their 1250 switches between the channels.

I wish the rm4 could switch between channels as well, but then I might want to get some dualies...

Oregon said:
From a few recent postings here people are saying their 1250 switches between the channels.

I wish the rm4 could switch between channels as well, but then I might want to get some dualies...

That's the rumor on the street. Has me curious, to say the very least.

How many rack spaces does this take up? 7, 8? I'm assuming it's rack mountable...

drewiv said:
Oregon said:

That's the rumor on the street. Has me curious, to say the very least.

How many rack spaces does this take up? 7, 8? I'm assuming it's rack mountable...

TEN spaces ....mine will change the channels. But....as someone else mentioned in the other thread, you have to cycle through all 12 with the front panel button before the first "2nd" channel activates. I guess I'll have to procure 2 dual channel mods and explore this further. Maybe Rob from JF has tried it with MIDI........?

My 1250 has more than 10 spaces... maybe you meant to say 12 spaces instead? I have some dual channels loaded in mine. I will have to set this up to a midi footcontroller to see if it works. I will let you know after I purchase one.

pfapin said:
My 1250 has more than 10 spaces... maybe you meant to say 12 spaces instead? I have some dual channels loaded in mine. I will have to set this up to a midi footcontroller to see if it works. I will let you know after I purchase one.

I was asking about rack spaces, not module slots. The RM1250 definitely holds 12 modules.