duel modules???

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the crush 36

Reaction score
This many be a dumb question but how do the duel modules work exactly is it like 2 separate modules in one slot. can u switch between the 2 channels in the moduel?? I see alot of people changing over to that type

I woudn't say it's like two different modules, but it is two separate channels of the same the module. They can differ slightly to greatly depending upon how it is wired. The stock dual channel modules from Egnater are very simliar from CHA to CHB, but if you get into the modded they can wire the channels quite differently betwen A & B. For instance my JF Voxless can be a very chimey clean on CH A and quite aggresive on CH B. I would say the dual channels are more useful in a live setup over a studio setup. Keep in mind these two channels share an EQ, modded or not, and some people find that to be the deal killer. I've had several amps that share EQs in the past and don't find it to be unacceptable. It isn't ideal, but it is certainly workable. YMMV.

EDIT: The channels are switchable in an Egnater amp/preamp: M4, MOD100, MOD50.

I tend to think of the stock duals to be like having 2 of the same module (with the EQ set the same)... using the gain & volume controls to give you a rhythm & lead channel with the same voicing. Yeah, channel A & B are very similar... but are still slightly different (as Drew mentioned). I think the more similar the channels are, the less the shared EQ becomes an issue... I can certainly see having to wrestle with the EQ, if channel A & B are super different.

To be honest, I'm REALLY happy with the stock duals so far... I'd love to mod them at some point, but the stockers are nice enough to make me calm down on the modding frenzy a bit. :)

By the way, my duals have the A/B switch, so I can use them with my RM4 (until I get an M4).