Effects Loop Question

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ you may be onto something...i typically play at moderate voulumes 75-90dbs
if you're pumping higher than that, the poweramp really shines and there may not be a need for the bridge (?)

stratomaster said:
but if you have to play at loud volumes this will work against you since the highs will be too high and the warmth will fade.

That is kind of what I found. You can get the pushed power amp tone at lower volumes with the bridge trick but get the Master up and it's just too much of an effect.

JKD said:
I tired this with my Camerock module and it made a difference in clarity, punch, playability but more importantly brought forth more of that grind and 'clean' overtones that are present in the module (and the real amp).

Basically, everything sounded better. I didn't need to crank the FX level either, just put it up to around 1-1:30 o'clock...cranked is a bit too much.

I tested this with different tubes.
First a 12AT7, then four different 12AX7s then four different 5751s. I settled on a 5751 because it solves this problem.

At first I thought 12AX7 was right, but it added to much of something every time. And it would color the module I was using. A clean module with a hot 12AX7 in the loop for instance, the character would change. And I generally liked dialing it Then I tried a 5751, and it seemed to just give me more of what the module wanted to do, without coloring the tone, and without being too much. I can now use the whole sweep of the effects dial and it's never too much.

The 5751s - 3 RCAs and a Sylvania - were more musical than the 12AT7 I tried, and I went with the RCA. It's phenomenal. Wish it was foot switchable.