Egnater E2

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crankyrayhanky said:
...should be out in a few months
Really? :? It should've been out in 2008 .. and then 2009.. and then early 2010 ... end then end of 2010 .. then early 2011 .. and since than it's gotten the absolute silent treatment from Bruce.

TBH I don't think it's happening anymore, I've definitly given up hoping for it.

If and when the E2 does come out, it'll definitely support dual-channel modules. The other feature that was disclosed way back (don't ask me where that thread is) was that it would be designed to integrate with the M4, essentially giving you an "M6" and allowing you to switch between all 12 channels provided by the 6 module bays (without requiring an external switcher like the GCX). Whether or not it will be able to integrate with more than one M4 in this manner is unknown . . .

Of course all of us will find out for sure at the same time when the E2 is released in the next month or two . . . :roll:

I keed, I keed! :lol:

Triumph_1.jpg

Has Bruce commented on the E2 lately?
Ive watched E2 threads for a few years now. All the while airlines make it harder for me to fly my gear. "Fragile" does not mean "throw!" Oh to walk on with an E2 as carry on......

HughJasol said:
The other feature that was disclosed way back (don't ask me where that thread is) was that it would be designed to integrate with the M4, essentially giving you an "M6" and allowing you to switch between all 12 channels provided by the 6 module bays (without requiring an external switcher like the GCX). Whether or not it will be able to integrate with more than one M4 in this manner is unknown . .

I'd thought the basic idea was that you can use an M2 with any other (pre)amp
(A wiser choice making it more markettable)

I'm guessing it'll have something like a 4CM loop
where, as example: preset 1, 2, 3 and 4 the signal would go through Module 1A or /B, or 2A or /B with the loop off,
bypassing the preamp of the amp carrying the M2
and preset 5-127 could be just the loop engaged while the M2 modules are being bypassed and the signal goes straight to the amp's preamp

A lot like I can 'punch' my RM4 out of the signal path with my MPX G2 and use the G2 as preamp

Now that is awesome! Drew, let's get you on the design team and make it happen!

P.S. Was that a Photo Shop pic or an actual working prototype?

speed2dirt said:
Now that is awesome! Drew, let's get you on the design team and make it happen!

P.S. Was that a Photo Shop pic or an actual working prototype?

You want me nowhere near a design team. :lol:

I think it's a real working prototype, I found it somewhere online a while back.

That pic was from when the E2 was first promised back in 2009. It made it to NAMM a couple of times though one year it wasn't working correctly because embarrassingly, Bruce had it hooked up to the host amp incorrectly.

Initially, back when Jeff Hilligan was with Egnater, they were to release 100 prototypes loaded with 2 dual modules of your choice for just under a grand. Unfortunately, at the time there was an issue with the midi implementation (later resolved) that kept that first batch from being produced (Mario at Access Electronics was doing the midi and this was about the time he closed up shop).

In 2010 it was my understanding that the Amp Lounge was taking pre-orders for the amp. Then with the overwhelming success and burden of the tourmaster series, there was not enough time to work on the E2.

Although recently there has been little (No) talk about the E2 from the Egnater camp (probably do to the slew of jabs and stabs about it being promised so many times) I truly believe it will be part of the new Egnater modular line when it is released.

Of course this is just speculation and my facts are only what I've pieced together over the years and can not say they are 100% accurate.

MarcoR said:
That pic was from when the E2 was first promised back in 2009. It made it to NAMM a couple of times though one year it wasn't working correctly because embarrassingly, Bruce had it hooked up to the host amp incorrectly.

Initially, back when Jeff Hilligan was with Egnater, they were to release 100 prototypes loaded with 2 dual modules of your choice for just under a grand. Unfortunately, at the time there was an issue with the midi implementation (later resolved) that kept that first batch from being produced (Mario at Access Electronics was doing the midi and this was about the time he closed up shop).

In 2010 it was my understanding that the Amp Lounge was taking pre-orders for the amp. Then with the overwhelming success and burden of the tourmaster series, there was not enough time to work on the E2.

Although recently there has been little (No) talk about the E2 from the Egnater camp (probably do to the slew of jabs and stabs about it being promised so many times) I truly believe it will be part of the new Egnater modular line when it is released.

Of course this is just speculation and my facts are only what I've pieced together over the years and can not say they are 100% accurate.

Well, that is a bunch of information. Thanks.

bump for this. I hope to see the mythical E2 hopefully in 2014 !
A guy can only dream ...x

drewiv said:
MarcoR said:

Well, that is a bunch of information. Thanks.

Even after all this time, I'd still like an E2 to replace the MOD50 ...be killer just to run this thing in the loop of my Lynch Box and gain back those few modules with the extra channel...sigh!

I'd love to have one of these too for gigs. I have an M4 but I would love the smaller version to pair with my Mesa 20/20. Come on Santa Bruce! :)

I know this is probably dead and the modular stuff is as it stands here forever, but I'd be interested in one of these.....I'm starting to look for an RM4, I guess that's still my best bet

Latest posts