el34 recommendations

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donmecka36

Reaction score
can anyone recommend me some el34s that will brighten my upper minds?sovtek el34s look good but they seem to be out of stock everywhere.

donmecka36 said:
can anyone recommend me some el34s that will brighten my upper minds?sovtek el34s look good but they seem to be out of stock everywhere.

wing c

+1 on the JJ, E34L are actually cutting more mids than the standard EL34 to my ears.

The JJ E34L is a good choice so long as you don't mind the extra dose of lows that most regular EL34s don't have...same with the KT77, altho' that has more lows and high end.

This may not be what you wanna hear but you can still get the sovtek EL34's....you ust have to buy them from mesa at twice the price. They are by far the best sounding EL34's I've used. I have a sextet for my triple recto along with a sextet of EH EL34. the EH are alot darker than the sovtek's.....the sovteks have killer high end cut to them but not to the pont of being ice pickey and harsh.

You won't find the sovteks branded EL34 anywhere because they discontinued production and no replacement from sovtek is in sight.
Mesa has a whole stock pile, though albeit more expensive.

I have sold EVERY JJ I have ever came into contact with....I find them dull and flat sounding....which some people may like.....I don't. I really like SED tubes, EH tubes and TAD. The TAD 6l6's I have in my Triple are monsters....i really want to try their EL34B's in my recto, too.