Engl e530 vs salvation angel

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacksun

Reaction score
Lately I've been full of GAS :) for the egnater dual modules and have picked up more than a few whenever I've had the chance.

I was thinking of getting some of that ENGL tone and to have one of the modded by Mr Salva (since I live in Europe). However - the price of an eggie (or randall) module + mod cost almost equals the going price of a used Engl e530 preamp.

Anyone had the chance to compare these two alternatives?

Is there any modder that tries to capture the character of the Engl E570?

blacksun said:
Lately I've been full of GAS :) for the egnater dual modules and have picked up more than a few whenever I've had the chance.

I was thinking of getting some of that ENGL tone and to have one of the modded by Mr Salva (since I live in Europe). However - the price of an eggie (or randall) module + mod cost almost equals the going price of a used Engl e530 preamp.

Anyone had the chance to compare these two alternatives?

Is there any modder that tries to capture the character of the Engl E570?

I believe the Angel is not modelled after a 530 but after a Savage (Correct me if I'm wrong)
And though I don't own one, what I heard of the 530 I find it more aggressive in the mids than the Angel (which I do own)

Salvation does have a new mod that is based in the e530 and e570, it even has the four band eq like the e530. It is on the first page of salvations website.

Thanks for the advice!!

I'm planning on sending a batch of eggie duals to salvation, just trying to decide which high gain mods to go after - besides the Benzin and Camerock that is.

Has anyone compared an their Angel to an ENGL amp or preamp?

What about the new ANGEL E
From Salvation news page

03/19/2012
Available special edition of Angel module:

ANGEL E with 4 band EQ, as used on Steve More signature amp, E580 Tube preamp, E530 tube preamp etc.
BASS, LO MID, HI MID, TREBLE...together with CONTOUR and MID EDGE switches it is the most versatile EQ ever used in MTS module.
Price: 269$
Price including module: 449$

IMG_1228.jpg

I have owned an E530, E570, and a Steve Morse Sig, and I currently play a Powerball II in my original band.

I was underwhelmed with the 530. I know it's the poor man's Engl, but I thought it sounded like it (i.e. poor). You got what you paid for. The SE is killer, but $4k for a head was over the top. Lots of options, yes, but I just couldn't justify having so much bread tied up in a single amp, so I sold it after a year.

I get all of the good stuff from the SE in the PB II, and that works for me in my band very well. But I am very interested in trying the new Angel E module.

Latest posts