Fan noise

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Steve

Reaction score
How loud is the fan in your amp? I have an RM 80 and I can hear the fan 20 feet away. I don't think I could record with this thing. Is this normal or should I think about getting a replacement fan?

The fan in my RM100KH is not loud at all. On occasion, usually the winter months here in Ohio, it makes some noise when I first fire up the amp but it stops after it warms up. No big deal to me though. I use it as an indicator that it the tubes are ready to go.

eyeball987 said:
The fan in my RM100KH is not loud at all. On occasion, usually the winter months here in Ohio, it makes some noise when I first fire up the amp but it stops after it warms up. No big deal to me though. I use it as an indicator that it the tubes are ready to go.

Dito!!

Big Steve said:
Sounds to me like I might need a new one then.
Yes sir. This topic has come up before and the fix is to get a quieter fan. Cheap and easy fix. What amp are you running?

the only time i ever hear my fan is a very faint spinning noise when my rm100 is turned on but it disapeers as soon as the tubes warm up
-mp-