first clip with my randall mts. Ultra module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MegaGoo

Reaction score
http://music.megagoo.com/riffing-11-9-09-mts-ultra-a.mp3

i got my randall MTS this past saturday. i bought an Ultra with an orange cap from schladog that arrived today. decided to see how it would record.

i ran slave out into my computer and applied impulses for speaker simulation.

mixing isnt perfect at all

mega...
great clip ma-man!!!!!!!!
I love my Ultra and have got some good stuff recorded with it.
But your stuff just slays. Granted Im doing more old school stuff.
Are you in dropD? or lower? Whatever it is, it sounds great.

and the impulses sound great,too.
I have tried all kinds of impulses Im never quite happy. I use to be happy with a hardware cab simultaor..but that only sounds good thru a giant PA...for recording it sux.
GtrGeorge

thanks yall

its drop-Db i believe. i used the catharsis impulses that came with a program called canadian metal (http://www.acmebargig.com/canadian-metal-pack/), run through lepou's impulse loader LeCab (http://lepouplugins.blogspot.com/2009/07/lecab-v10.html) think it was s-highpres.wav or something

MegaGoo said:
66 downloads, 4 comments

:?

D/loading now ;) Nice tite riffing.

I love my stock Ultra...all it has is an 0.001uF OD in c3...it was the module that first got me hooked on MTS. many moons ago now.

I told schlag he shouldn't sell it... ;)

Hah, I though of evil surf when I heard the opening riff :p

Killer tones man! Now that makes me wanna mod my UXL for standard Ultra specs ;)

thanks

honestly i dont know if i like the ultra or ultra xl more.

the treble knob on the ultra is worthless past 1 o'clock. have to use the amp
s presence knob if i need more highs. the bass response seems similar even with a cap change on the ultra. the ultra has a more modern scooped sound and the ultra xl has a little more midrange bite to it which i like.

i might have to get them both in a band situation to really tell which i like more

Eddie

MegaGoo said:
thanks

honestly i dont know if i like the ultra or ultra xl more.

the treble knob on the ultra is worthless past 1 o'clock. have to use the amp
s presence knob if i need more highs. the bass response seems similar even with a cap change on the ultra. the ultra has a more modern scooped sound and the ultra xl has a little more midrange bite to it which i like.

i might have to get them both in a band situation to really tell which i like more

Eddie
The low end probably sounds the same because the UXL usually uses a .0015 cap, and you have a .001 cap which with the scooped aspect of the tone might make it seem greater than it is. My UXL has a .0022 cap and I LOVE IT! I keep the bass around 10-11:00 usually, and when I want to knock people over I turn it to noon :D

I have issues with my treble knob over 1:00 on my UXL, it just makes it too fizzy past that point. I keep my presence and density both around 10:30 and I usually like the sound it gives to all my modules there. But the EL34's in my amp add plenty of high mids so I don't need my high end past 1:00 on ANY of the modules (still like it at 3:00 on my SL+ though) :D