Gates for RM100....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Downrightproductions

Reaction score
No rolling of the eyes!....has anyone used either the Behringer Multigate Pro(4 channel) or the Intelligate(2 channel) as a noise gate on thier RM100 heads? James Hetfield has a Multigate pro in his rack and Stephen Carpenter has an Intelligate in his rack. I am also thinking of grabbing a Rocktron Intellifex (blackface), would the gate in there be better, worse, the same?...would just have to edit it for each patch on the rocktron. Thanks!

Pick up an ISP Decimator Pro Rack G:
http://www.isptechnologies.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=65
These are the most amazing guitar noise reduction units I've ever heard! They don't touch your guitar tone and they work perfectly.
Probably the best investment I've made in my guitar rig in the last two years. It doesn't chop off any long sustained notes like a gate does. They also make a pedal version that I know a lot of the other guys here use. I use mine with two RM50 combos so I needed 2 ins and outs.
Good luck.

audiomidijace said:
Pick up an ISP Decimator Pro Rack G:
http://www.isptechnologies.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=65
These are the most amazing guitar noise reduction units I've ever heard! They don't touch your guitar tone and they work perfectly.
Probably the best investment I've made in my guitar rig in the last two years. It doesn't chop off any long sustained notes like a gate does. They also make a pedal version that I know a lot of the other guys here use. I use mine with two RM50 combos so I needed 2 ins and outs.
Good luck.
Believe me, i would love to get one!..but i have to keep the cost down on a gate and effects for right now. I spent most of my budget on my scott ian head vs just picking up a used lynch box here at the store for 450-500. The pro rack g is on my radar, but just in the future.....

Downrightproductions said:
Believe me, i would love to get one!..but i have to keep the cost down on a gate and effects for right now. I spent most of my budget on my scott ian head vs just picking up a used lynch box here at the store for 450-500. The pro rack g is on my radar, but just in the future.....

If cost is an issue, get the ISP Decimator pedal. I was recommended those by this very board. I love it, I actually have 2 of them in my pedalboard right now, since I run 2 amps whenever possible.
I picked these up used for about $100/each.

Downrightproductions said:
. I am also thinking of grabbing a Rocktron Intellifex (blackface), would the gate in there be better, worse, the same

Rocktron's HUSH certainly isn't bad, those Intellifexes can be found cheap and needless to say you get some pretty good fx with them to boot