Got my RM100...it sucks so bad!!!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I played another RM100 today. I didn't get a lemon I was still very disappointed. 3 modules for sale on classified section.

Another thing, as it was kind of hinted to before, is that tone is NOT just in the amp... it's in the player too. I've seen guys who play on $2K+ amps rip it up on $300 amps and still sound just as good. If you dig Line 6, keep the line 6 stuff. I've done both solid state and tube and for FEEL, you cannot beat tube. Period. The sound might be similar, but the feel and nuances you can get from tube-based amplification (to date, at least) can not be reproduced with digital amplification. I've played through the Vetta and Vetta II and even though they can get some cool sounds, the tone of MTS amps compared to Line 6 stuff is a big step above IMHO.

You know, I also have a Vetta I combo and I agree that it's a cool rig no matter what anyone says. It's a killer practice/recording tool. The MTS stuff is just a different animal. It's far more expressive and organic. Sure it needs pedals for certain tones, but most amps do. The proof is in playing live. The true beauty if any tube comes out at volume in a band setting.

Man-
I gotta say this, kudos to you forum cats here.
Other forums I've been on for years (eveything from computers, to cooking, to recording, to foriegn language) seems to flame people for attacking things that they hold dear. That was a two page thread without any flames, thats friggin awesome.
I know I sound like I'm gushing, but I'm new to your little forum, as well as MTS amps, and am just really happy to have stumbled upon a community, as opposed to a group.

Hats off ladies and gents, hats off.

THANK GOD I FOUND THIS THREAD :shock: :shock: :shock:

This seals it, I am NOT getting the RM100, I am totally going for the T2.

I have been an SS guy since FOREVER, and that is not changing for the RM100 :D

Long live the T2/V2!!!!

CJL

wow a shitty Randall experience... whoda thunk.
It happens though... the Line 6 Vetta is a very cool and powerful amp... my point is if you love the L6V then maybe the randall is not for you.
Incedentally the tweed is the least fav of the three mods i currently have... don't get me wrong... it is a very good mod but I consider the recto and the Grail for what they do to be better. One may ask WHY?
Weel the tweed is very very cool and can summon some SRV mojo for sure but it absolulty falls short of what a "tweed" can do. My Koch Multitone channel one and two have a way better tone for that sort of vibe... that loose charater is missing with the Randall tweed mod as is all the nice harmonic compexities that a "tweed" can have. The koch has all the business for that type of tone and makes the Randall pale in comparison.

Khing

i used to think my randall rm100 sucked turns out i hate el34's . they don't have any low end. so used processeors and overdrives and played all the wrong modules looking for this supposedly awesome tone everybody else had but me so in a last ditch effort i got a quad of 6l6's biased em pretty hot and gort the 1086 module and no this amp totally rulez over everything . [/list]rm100, recto, ultra, 1086, avatar 4x12 & 2x12with g12t100's, jackson king v, boss ns-2

Maximus ...

Happy for you that now love your RM100. :D

Some folks on this board (like me) are using JJ E34L's and found them to have more bass and top end than EL34 while keeping the mids qualities.

Also some guys just love KT77's

Maybe something to try someday ??

Maybe the Randall thinks YOU suck...

seriously differnt things for different people and style of playing there is not right or wrong combo it up to the individual

i don't think the randall cares either way, it has to do what i make it with no choice and sucking is not an option. if i listened to half the people on here about tone i would have the worst sounding mid heavy crap shrill box ever, so your right about different strokes for different folks

maximus1 said:
i don't think the randall cares either way, it has to do what i make it with no choice and sucking is not an option. if i listened to half the people on here about tone i would have the worst sounding mid heavy crap shrill box ever, so your right about different strokes for different folks

Who knows...I might've enjoyed my RM100M a lot more if I'd biased the tubes hotter :D

what are you playin now , it sounds like you had the amp but got rid of

maximus1 said:
what are you playin now , it sounds like you had the amp but got rid of

Back to the RM50HB.....but around 2 years ago I went through RM50HB, RM100M and RM50C...LOL

The RM50HB stays this time around :D

I am a proud new owner of a RM100 and I can honestly say it is the best amp I have played thru in close to 20 years of playing. I was contemplating purchasing a Bogner Ectasy but couldn't afford the hefty price tag. This was my second choice and I believe it was the better choice regardless of price. I have owned Marshall, Peavey, Mesa, Soldano, rack gear...you name it. This amp blows all that stuff away hands down. I just recorded a demo recently which I shall post soon. I plugged straight into the amp and thats it. Everyone praised the awesome tone. I used the SL+ for rhythms and XTC for leads. You can get any sound you want by changing modules, midi switching, not to mention the flexibility of tube choice & the ability to work on the amp yourself. What more could you want? Tube wins over SS / Modeling everytime.