GTO The Judge George Lynch Module Quick Review!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Caine said:
here's Squid music's ebay photobucket photo, hope they don't mind the link
DSCN2012.jpg

Everytime I see this pic I get excited about getting one. Too bad I have to wait until sometime after the new year.

Caine said:
are those knobs a regular chrome or a black chrome? on my laptop, they look darked tinted.

They are a regular chrome color. Black chrome would have looked cool.

rmilbeck said:
BTW, anyone having a concern about buying from Squid Music due to their low post count on this forum, put your fears to rest.
I've bought over $2,000 worth of Randall gear from Curt and I have to say, he is the best Randall dealer I've dealt with.
If you require service after the sale, he doesn't leave you hanging. He does, and will stand behind his sales.

I am in no way affiliated with Squid Music, just a very satisfied customer.

Russ

Thanks Russ. You have been as cool as a customer can be too. And by not quoting all the different posts addressed to me in one post, I can boost my post count. :D

To be honest, I have been the only guy at my shop who has been able to resist the Randall MTS stuff and it's because I already have a Mojave Peacemaker, a Splawn Quick Rod, a 1983 Marshall JCM800, a 1972 Marshall Super Lead and a 1970 marshall Super Trem. I also can play jay's at the shop anytime I want! And trust me, I do. When he needed new tubes recently, I kicked in for my share of using them up. As you can see, I need another amp like I need a hole in the head. but I'm telling you, this newest module has me hooked. It sounds like a KILLER modded Marshall in Jay's Lynch Box. I know modded Marshalls too. I was in LA during the 80's Sunset Strip days and we all had them. I'm good friends with Mark Cameron and have owned his amps and Lee Jacksons etc. Modded Marshalls.....that's the sound I'm looking for.

Now I have to find room for a Randall in my little studio here. And I have to figure out what to sell.

Hamner1 said:
More vids & audio please. Hot **** now I have to get another Lynch module. Scary, Grail on the way, & now I want this. What can I sell now, I'm really not wanting to wait until 1 comes up used.

Curt refering to your ebay listing on sale price. Squid is the only place we will see it advertised. :lol:

I will try and get to some more clips as soon as possible. It's been a little busy these past few days. I've never seen so many people wanting to buy $60 guitars before. :oops: And while I'm helping them, I see that Lynch Box half stack and SO want to get back over to it.

Shinozoku said:
*twitch... twitch...*

So much stuff I want :( Listened to this again, and my GAS won't leave me alone!

I know how you feel. I'm fighting the urge now to bust out the CC.

Am I the only person that has also been looking at old Pontiacs today

Here is an old Pontiac GTO "The Judge" - surely the inspiration for the name & the logo too.
1969_pontiac_gto_judge_large.jpg

Now I'm also a mad Lynch fan - especially the 1982-1988 Dokken era and this module sounds perfect . (to be fair the Egnater SL2x/GNR module also has the Under Lock and Key tone pretty well covered as I think it sounds like the SIR #39 amp sound) and I will have to own one soon

Squid Music said:
To be honest, I have been the only guy at my shop who has been able to resist the Randall MTS stuff and it's because I already have a Mojave Peacemaker, a Splawn Quick Rod, a 1983 Marshall JCM800, a 1972 Marshall Super Lead and a 1970 marshall Super Trem. I also can play jay's at the shop anytime I want! And trust me, I do. When he needed new tubes recently, I kicked in for my share of using them up. As you can see, I need another amp like I need a hole in the head. but I'm telling you, this newest module has me hooked. It sounds like a KILLER modded Marshall in Jay's Lynch Box. I know modded Marshalls too. I was in LA during the 80's Sunset Strip days and we all had them. I'm good friends with Mark Cameron and have owned his amps and Lee Jacksons etc. Modded Marshalls.....that's the sound I'm looking for.

Now I have to find room for a Randall in my little studio here. And I have to figure out what to sell.
You don't have to figure out what to sell...
Just stack...It looks like you got room for a RM100 or RM4 on top of your stack of heads in this youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4w-71gZZAI&feature=related
Killer playing BTW. :D

Daryl said:
Just stack...It looks like you got room for a RM100 or RM4 on top of your stack of heads in this youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4w-71gZZAI&feature=related

I don't know how much more weight that wall can handle.

:D

Squid Music said:
Daryl said:

I don't know how much more weight that wall can handle.

:D

You will not know until you test it... :p

Squid Music said:
Hamner1 said:
You will not know until you test it... :p

No way! I am no good with drywall repair. :D
I'm sure the other shelves you got going in your studio are mounted into the wall studs. Another shelf would probably not be an issue at all. If you are going into straight drywall with wall grabbers...UH oh...
Maybe box up one of those Marshalls, like the 72 Super Lead, and keep it safe for collector purposes. Very nice Marshalls, but you can nail those tones and more with a Randall. When you get into modded module territory, you can have just about any tone you want. No depreciating your awesome collection of vintage Marshalls. :D

Hi there,
do you guys think this could be a good option to squeeze in between a KH1 & KH3 modules?
I just got my first mts gear 2 weeks ago (even though I joined this forum on '06!), and I love the tones Im getting so far, however I need something less saturated, less compressed and a bit more "rounder" than the KH3 for my rhythm tone.
I can only go on what I see online - reviews/descriptions etc... and from that I thought that maybe a 1086/Plexi+ or the SL+ might be the ticket, but this GTO sure does look good too!
Or is a KH2 the safest bet :roll:
Apologies for the noob questions :D

I just picked up an RM100KH yesterday. All KH modules are pretty sweet and KH-2 can cover a lot of territory.

JD said:
I just picked up an RM100KH yesterday. All KH modules are pretty sweet and KH-2 can cover a lot of territory.

I agree. I sold the KH2 and KH3 because I thought they were a little dark. I have since bought a recorder and after I listened to my recorded tone I realize that I have things dialed in way too bright and that those modules could have been perferct for me.

Ok wow, I guess it depends on taste/other equipment but I think the KH3 is very bright!
I found I had to have the bright switch off and all tone controls at 12:00 (+-2:00) to get the best all-round rhythm and lead tone, gain set around 11:00.
I'm rehearsing again today and will experiment some more :D
Can't wait to get some more modules!

khingpynn said:
this is good news and the new module sounds pretty kick ***... nice guitar and nice playing and thanks for getting the video out quickly.

Isn't it sad that he can do all of this and spread the good word, while Randall still can't manage to add the new module to their website? :roll:

audiomidijace said:
khingpynn said:
this is good news and the new module sounds pretty kick ***... nice guitar and nice playing and thanks for getting the video out quickly.

Isn't it sad that he can do all of this and spread the good word, while Randall still can't manage to add the new module to their website? :roll:
It amazes me every time :?
It's just shocking..

How can they launch a product in this day and age and not feature it on their website.
We're not even talking promotion, just adding it to the catalogue.
That's 2 minutes of work :|

m0jo said:
audiomidijace said:
khingpynn said:

It amazes me every time :?
It's just shocking..

How can they launch a product in this day and age and not feature it on their website.
We're not even talking promotion, just adding it to the catalogue.
That's 2 minutes of work :|

It is in the online catalogue, but your right how many people are going to check that when they have a module section that it should be showcased in. The other thing that bothers me, is why the Lynch modules never had an official video from Randall. They ran through all of Hammets modules, some of the standard mods, but not 1 of the Lynch modules. :?

Latest posts