Having a problem with my SL2 module.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mctallica1

Reaction score
Last night, I was playing at a bit louder volume than I normally do on my MOD50. (Master 3 oclock, channel volume around 11 oclock) and my SL2 module started having a weird feedback/humming noise.

It wouldn't do it all the time and it was not noticeable when playing, but as soon as I stopped (at times) you could hear the noise. It was not quite as loud as playing, but it was loud. Not a squeal, a hum. and it would be present even with my volume knob OFF on my guitar. If I switched to the other module it would go away.

I tried the module in both slots and it did it in both and also tried switching out preamp tubes and it still did it. I do not have any other high gain modules to experiment with right now, but my DLX module would not do it no matter how much I pushed it, so I am thinking it is the module, not the amp.

I plan to give give Egnater a call Monday, but thought I would ask here first.

I have not messed with the power tubes or preamp tubes in the amp itself, just the preamp tubes in the module.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.
Tony

I think you did a very good job of trouble shooting it. You did everything I would have done and it certainly sounds like a job for Egnater to me.

Try changin both tubes to SL2, even if you have new tubes changed to it, they can be bad ones. It happens from time to time...

Problem solved.

I put a new preamp tube in v1 ant the humm hasn't come back at all. 8)

Latest posts