Here is your NAMM update

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully, with nine modules (several modded) I can create any conceivable tone I need. I have an RM4 in my rack and it would be great if some company would put out an RM2. I need four modules for live playing, but in my studio it would be nice to have a preamp with two slots or even one. I wonder if Bruce is considering something like that?
If all the modders were to quit I would need to got to rehab.
Just one more stock module and I swear I will quit....I promise this time I will not send it to Rob for Modification. This time I mean it....

Randall has a stigma of cheap half stacks from the 80s. That and practice amps.

What sells is a product that looks cool to hipsters. Randall looks like butt. No offense to Lynch, but his Lynchbox could also use some work. If they made the amps look like an AC30 or a hip retro Marshall, along with crafty marketing towards a current retro-loving crowd, including sponsorships with those artists, sales would explode. Especially if they sold it under a different brand name, much as Bugera is to Behringer.

Egnater gear looks and sounds great, but is starting to lose its cool factor due to its heavy marketing at Banjo Mart. I feel that a spot between Bugera and Egnater would be good placement, and a way to re-ignite passion under the arse of the Randall CEO.

These are killer amps. They just look like poop and are marketed to the wrong crowd to generate sales.

I get comments on my tone all the time, and people are shocked to see a GT-8 (now HD500) and an RM50 combo hidden off stage only pulling about 70dBs. I see the future in rigs such as these. Line 6 knows how to dupe analog snobs into buying their gear as part of their system. MTS should do the same. Music is visual nowadays, and whoever sells these amps should do something to stay current with the market.

wesarvin said:
I get comments on my tone all the time, and people are shocked to see a GT-8 (now HD500) and an RM50 combo hidden off stage only pulling about 70dBs. I see the future in rigs such as these. Line 6 knows how to dupe analog snobs into buying their gear as part of their system. MTS should do the same. Music is visual nowadays, and whoever sells these amps should do something to stay current with the market.
Very true.
People are suddenly very positive towards the Line 6 DT amps ... because they LOOK like vintage amps ;)

The trick is they should make the amps look more distinguished in a way that all players (metal,rock,country?,pop) will love the looks, and then make the modules reflect their styles.
Only making the faceplates of the metal modules black, vintage/clean ones brown and the vintage gold (Marshall) would make them much more enticing.
This is a thing that modders have found out ;) But it doesn't take full graphics to create the right feel for something.

This and more smart features (switching loops etc.etc.etc.) would make them much more supportive to "duping" the snobs. ;) (or regular guys that just don't see the advantage..).

That said: An E2 like unit could be the perfect entry thing to pull people into it. As you can see on forums there are a lot of people that are like "yeah I want to add some Marshall to my Recto!!" ... I'm still mesmerized by Egnater's handling of that concept..

How sad to see Randall blow a great opportunity with the MTS.

All of the Modders on this form have done tons more for the MTS line Randall ever did, the stock modules were lame.

Randall's biggest issue is that they are seen as a "Metal" amp, the MTS is so much more!

If you told me ten years ago that I would be using a Randall amp I would have laughed in your face.

Now I love my RM4 and my Eggie M4.

I just hope Egnater keeps the the modders supplied with PCB boards so they can carry the MTS into the future.!!

Thank You JF, Pete, SG, and Salvation for your incredible work!

LRStrat said:
How sad to see Randall blow a great opportunity with the MTS.

All of the Modders on this form have done tons more for the MTS line Randall ever did, the stock modules were lame.

Randall's biggest issue is that they are seen as a "Metal" amp, the MTS is so much more!

If you told me ten years ago that I would be using a Randall amp I would have laughed in your face.

Now I love my RM4 and my Eggie M4.

I just hope Egnater keeps the the modders supplied with PCB boards so they can carry the MTS into the future.!!

Thank You JF, Pete, SG, and Salvation for your incredible work!

Well said!

I feel one of Randall's biggest failures is marketing the Modules amps..

I do not play metal and knew nothing about MTS line until running across Rod on another forum..

Most non metal players think of Randall amps as nothing but shredders amps..

Yes the majority of the Randall line is aimed towards that genre of music but the MTS line could have been marketed towards other genres as well..

Randall to the best of my knowledge has not even one MTS line video that is not metal based....

I love the versatility of my RM100 ..Having a Blackface,Tweed and Plexi is a dream come true for most Blues/Blues Rock players..

The only problem is hardly any Blues players out there know this option exist...

I have literally had several top shelf Blues players question me up and down about my rig here is St Louis since my start of using it 3 months ago..

Most knew about the Vox or Line 6 digital stuff but had no idea a line like this existed that is a pure tube set up..

A few of those previously mentioned players have come to my basement studio to audition my three stock modules to there total amazement ...

One even went out and bought a RM22 after demoing my RM100....

It is a shame that lack of innovative marketing is killing such a fine line of amps...

I also will continue using MTS gear my only fear is parts availability in the future if breakdowns start occurring...

ricky said:
Hopefully, with nine modules (several modded) I can create any conceivable tone I need. I have an RM4 in my rack and it would be great if some company would put out an RM2. I need four modules for live playing, but in my studio it would be nice to have a preamp with two slots or even one. I wonder if Bruce is considering something like that?
You mean the E2? Oh hell yeah!! Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM68VUJTKm8
Most of the other stuff in the video has already come out so...Maybe the E2 is next. :D

Daryl said:
ricky said:
You mean the E2? Oh hell yeah!! Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM68VUJTKm8
Most of the other stuff in the video has already come out so...Maybe the E2 is next. :D
Hate to rain on your parade, the E2 was first announced in what? 2008? It has been shoved back every half year since, and that "prototype" all we've ever seen of it besides forumposts by Bruce.

It would be cool if it's still gonna happen but I'm losing hope by now..

Jaded Faith said it best.
But I will say something I said a while ago...

What Randall does isnt that big of a deal..
Fender stopped making REAL Deluxe reverbs back in ,what,1966...people still use them today.

these amps, with minor maintenence will live past the licensing agreement and patents on them., Then they are all ours. And in the meantime...Salvation or JF can make you whatever you need.
Its a good day for the modders, and its absolutely what we assumed out of Randall.
GtrGeorge

PS: Its funny.... I traded for a Randall amp not long ago and the guy who had it before my REMOVED the Randall logo.....fwiw.

I didn't because they are rack units .. but I'll proudly tell anybody they it's Randall. (with Salvation Mods).

So you want them to be more popular but you don't advertise them? :?

If it wasn't for Randall making a more affordable modular platform, a lot of folks that are avid users now may have never heard of MTS and the '''modding" thing may have never gotten off the ground like it has. It took what Bruce was doing in his custom shop and made it accessible to the average guitarist. MTS changed my whole idea about what it takes to have really great tone and at a price point that makes it a tremendous value. For that, I am very grateful. I've used MTS since 2005 and it keeps getting better.
(sure glad I didn't get a lemon RM100) :D

I proudly say it's a Randall, but removing that 80s logo helped lessen the cheap look of the amp on stage. If it looked better, or was smaller, I'd be proud to display it.

in a nutshell - Randall will never be as popular Marshall 8)

ask me 10 years ago if I'd be playing randall gear & I too would have LMAO

The only thing I laugh about now is how people still fall for
all the overpriced marshall hype

Thanx to some very talented modders I have tiny little RM4
preamp that puts to shame anything monsterous
marshall can come up with

IMHO the JMP-1 is a joke in comparison

Mojo wrote:
"So you want them to be more popular but you don't advertise them? Confused.."

GtrGeorge: Mojo, I don't promote companies unless I work out an agreement from them. If I get an amp and the nameplate isnt on it..Im not wasting time to put it on. Its really that simple..I am not a status-guy...
.rather I am anti-name brands, unless, as I said there's some compelling reason to be otherwise.

GtrGeorge

Just for the record, I removed the logo from my RM100 by coincidence. Mine got scratched up a bit so I took it off to either refinish it or replace it.. It looks a lot better without the logo so I kept it that way. You can see those glowing tubes better and the metal grill is pretty cool too. I do like telling people that the "mystery" amp they just heard was a Randall. 8)

The only thing I laugh about now is how people still fall for
all the overpriced marshall hype

Thanx to some very talented modders I have tiny little RM4
preamp that puts to shame anything monsterous
marshall can come up with

IMHO the JMP-1 is a joke in comparison

Unfair statement! :D

My own rig is based on an RM4 and a Marshall AFD. The AFD is great but can only do one thing well. The RM4 adds tons of flexibilty, starting with a clean channel. I also have a 2555 which is a fantastic amp.

I stick with the MTS system because it beats moddelers in my opinon, when it comes to composing a rig with a few cherry picked channels that sound killer, as opposed to having dozens of okay sounds I don't need. Marshall, Mesa and co all produce some great amps, but what the MTS bring to the is the answer to the "my amp is fine but I wish channel 2 was a little more like -insert reference sound here -" syndrom.

Egnater also had no modular amps displayed at NAMM. I spoke with Bruce about it and he said they weren't doing much of it anymore but MAY get back into it a bit more soon. Also, I tried out the Egnater Armageddon and it was killer, basically a copy of a Diezel Herbert at less than half the price :)..... made in China :(

Latest posts