Hound of Hades RM100

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobfnjob

Reaction score
So my band just released our first full length album. Of course I'm trying to spread the word, but I am curious about what you guys think of the guitar tones! We used Randall gear for the most part, however our other guitarist used a 6505+.

The set up is very straight forward. I used a Randall RM100 with the UltraXL module running into a Randall NXT 412. The leads have a tube screamer on them and that's pretty much it. The other guy just ran his 6505+ through the NXT. I think the tones are killer! We just kept it simple and let the amps do their thing!

I have our entire album up on our Soundcloud. You can download it if you'd like! It's free!

http://www.soundcloud.com/houndofhades

If you like what you hear please "like" us on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/houndofhades

houndofhadeskeeperofthe.jpg

Let me know what you guys think!

While I have to admit it isn't exactly my genre, the guitar tones are killer and a perfect fit--a testament to the versatility of the MTS system.

Some heavy ****! Guitar tones are perfect for this IMO. I have an Ultra (not XL) but it sounds nothing like this. Seriously good stuff.

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys!

Yeah I really am super happy with the way the sounds on the album came out. I have to admit I had a bad start with Randall when I first got my RM 100 but after the Customer Service guys tirelessly took care of me and got me fixed up and after hearing my head on our album, I'm positive I made the right choice.

JonnyB said:
Some heavy ****! Guitar tones are perfect for this IMO. I have an Ultra (not XL) but it sounds nothing like this. Seriously good stuff.

I'm glad you like it man!! Yeah the Ultra XL is killer, got a great tightness to it even when you're pushing a little bit more bass. I think the EQ was at 5 or 6 on the bass when we recorded this, which is a bit higher than I normally set it, but the clarity was still just awesome!

Gotta be honest, usually I can't stand music this heavy as things seem to be indistinguishable at times with all the volume and gain....But this is good stuff....Very angst-filled and great tones....You mention the 412NXT - did you mic it and use mic eliminator?

Good work man!

Brutal. The guitar tones fit the music. It doesn't sound mushy which I often hear in this style of music.

I'm not much for the grunting/growling/screaming thing. If the vocals were missing it would be cool to listen to for me.

Mattfig said:
Gotta be honest, usually I can't stand music this heavy as things seem to be indistinguishable at times with all the volume and gain....But this is good stuff....Very angst-filled and great tones....You mention the 412NXT - did you mic it and use mic eliminator?

Good work man!

We just miced it. 3 mics for 3 different frequencies. When we go back into the studio we might mess around with the mic eliminator some. Do you have any experience with it to share?

chuckmehh - Yes! Glad you like it man!

Hamner1 - Thank you man! I certainly understand the vocals not being everyone's style. Thank you for the feedback though man!

bobfnjob said:
Mattfig said:

Good work man!

We just miced it. 3 mics for 3 different frequencies. When we go back into the studio we might mess around with the mic eliminator some. Do you have any experience with it to share?
I dug it for sure :D What mics did you use? I'm planning on picking up a Sennheiser E906 or two for such micing purposes (I wish I could afford the 406, but at $800 apiece it'll be hard to save up :shock: ), plus my SM57.

Shinozoku said:
bobfnjob said:
Mattfig said:

Good work man!

I dug it for sure :D What mics did you use? I'm planning on picking up a Sennheiser E906 or two for such micing purposes (I wish I could afford the 406, but at $800 apiece it'll be hard to save up :shock: ), plus my SM57.

I know we used a SM57 but our producer can't remember for sure what the others were. He thinks it was also a Heil PR30 and a Sennhiser 421.

I'm certainly not up to speed on mic quality myself but it seemed like a pretty epic mic up. Haha.

You guys fucking kill. So that's a stock Ultra XL? **** yeah!!
Your drummer is a beast too. That kick is just non-stop violence.
I am not surprised that you got a sick tone.
Randall is the fucking tits...
:twisted: :shock: :twisted:

Mix of mics and mic eliminator sounds really good for recording!
You can get some pretty nice, convincing tones using the direct approach on the cab.