How much you pay for a new randall RM100 MTS head?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cmon people if you dont want to share publically then PM me.. I need to know what the RM100's prices were.

I just paid $500 unloaded for one...pretty fair now a days...seen them higher and lower but was happy to help a friend out!

I paid either $625 or $650 for the last unloaded one I bought here on the forum.....my memory is pretty faulty though and that was quite a while ago.

I expect an unloaded head would go in the $550-$600 range now.

I bid on a Lynch Box on eBay today (BIN was $515, starting bid $455).....the seller pulled it...maybe he sold it off eBay, maybe he was p'd off at the low price...was pretty bummed about not getting it :-/

I paid more than twice that amount for a new head with Blackface, treadplate and the Mr Scary.

1650.00 new.

konstantine RK said:
I paid more than twice that amount for a new head with Blackface, treadplate and the Mr Scary.

1650.00 new.

So, new modules still retail for $199 with the signature module at either $269 or $299 I think....means you paid about $950 for the head unloaded....not a bad price new.

You could probably expect to sell the Blackface and treadplate for $125 each....the Mr Scary for a little more, say $145 if there's a buyer....add $550 to $600 for the head = $945- $995..for the lot used 'course you'll have to deduct your fees and shipping.....but it's all theory based on *if* you can find a buyer in this crazy market.

It would be no different if you spent $2200 (?) on a Marshall JVM......you'd be selling it for around $1k-$1.2k if you were lucky.

Yeah man, this is one of those amps where I definitely wouldn't buy it new haha Send it back if you can and buy a used one!!

its complicated... I would NEVER spend 2000.00 on a randall or a marshall that wasnt a Silver Jubilee.. Im a Mesa guy and the Randalls just do not have the balls that the Roadking has...

I also had the Randall break down and just got done with a nine week repair shop nightmare where nothing was fixed... I will end up losing 800.00 by selling it to someone when the Randall is fixed.

The treadplate and blackface are very questionable mods... Mr Scary was good but ... Im just really angry at a personal level on how I lost my mind and bought this randall.

JKD said:
konstantine RK said:

1650.00 new.

So, new modules still retail for $199 with the signature module at either $269 or $299 I think....means you paid about $950 for the head unloaded....not a bad price new.

You could probably expect to sell the Blackface and treadplate for $125 each....the Mr Scary for a little more, say $145 if there's a buyer....add $550 to $600 for the head = $945- $995..for the lot used 'course you'll have to deduct your fees and shipping.....but it's all theory based on *if* you can find a buyer in this crazy market.

It would be no different if you spent $2200 (?) on a Marshall JVM......you'd be selling it for around $1k-$1.2k if you were lucky.

treadplate no one wants and the blackface is just too harsh on the highs...
they would not fetch those prices.. more like 75 each on a good day.

plus the repair shop put many nice scrapes on the corner covers and the tolex...

konstantine RK said:
JKD said:
konstantine RK said:

1650.00 new.

treadplate no one wants and the blackface is just too harsh on the highs...
they would not fetch those prices.. more like 75 each on a good day.

plus the repair shop put many nice scrapes on the corner covers and the tolex...

You *might* be doing yourself a dis-service @ $75...since people are looking for cheap donor modules for Salvation mods and $125 is not uncommon.

As for the amp condition..well I doubt they'd admit liability..sorry man...cheer up, tomorrow is another day....you might feel better in the AM?

Hey if you want I'll buy em for $75 a pop! :lol:

Nah they are seriously worth at least $100, if they are as-new then definitly $125.
I've seen them go for way more, but that was a while ago <enter comment about the economy here>

It might be a tricky suggestion, but you should really try some different modules.
If you think the Blackface is harsh, than a Clean might be the thing for you.
When I played it is seemed nicely rounded off (although others may have to confirm that, it was a while ago)

Then for the high gainer it kinda depends, if you really want Roadking tones it might be hard since a lot of that is in the power section..
I'm afraid the modded circuit will be the best choice there.

Of course I'm suggesting you burn more money, while you're already bummed about losing some on depreciation.
But if you find the right modules I think the RM100 could definitly get you your tone.

I disagree with your comment saying Randall doesn't have the balls like a Mesa. I've had a Mesa Dual Rec for about a decade and used to be my main amp until I played the RM100 and bought one years ago. Now the Mesa rarely gets played once every few months - that's why I'm selling it.

It depends on the actual head itself. I have a 1 of 3 RM100KH's that were built for Kirk himself. He has 2 and I have 1. I love the MTS concept and have no plans on selling it. If I did, I would ask more than the going price for a standard RM100.

Would I get it? Maybe. Maybe not. If not, I wouldn't sell it. More than likely it would have to be a trade deal that really sparked my interest.

Well here's my last given chance to the Randall RM100
I had two Les Pauls installed with Seymour Duncan PAFs these pups proved to be much much better than the Gibson pups I had been using. They make my roadking scream with renewed bite and I can basically throw out my compressor thanks to these!

I'll give the Randall a fair shot cause I spent alot of money on it and we all know how many things could be tweaked between a pick and a output speaker.

I'm just a little upset that one of my areas biggest repair shops were not able to fix it in 9 weeks.

It's coming soon though.. I sent it to my prefered music shop

I sure hope you get that Randall geared towards your liking because I wouldn't sell the two I own for anything. I've tried a lot of different amps over the years and many have an awesome tone to them, but they are a one trick pony. I am still using stock modules and can get some great tones dialed in. I hope you figure it out!

thanks.... one thing that constantly happens is you discover tone is not about the amp as much as it is the strings, the guitar... and especially your fingers.

Im rooting for a good experience since the amp has yet to be heard since my guitar upgrades.

I've owned and toured nationally with many more expensive boutique amps out there and I have to say that the MTS Randall/Egnater line will hold it's own with any amp in the world tone wise..I also have had Jaded Faith and Sacred Groove do some mods for me and the tones are absolutely amazing. These amps are a bargain for what they are... You had to deal with a repair...that is to bad, but it is a tube amp and that is why many of us have some sort of back up amp....When you get the amp back, give it another whirl....You'll be glad you did!!

you are living the dream... I hope for a better experience with the Randall.. I am angry with the so called big time repair shop because as it turned out THE MIDI SHUT DOWN the amp btw.