Is it me or do Tc Electronics products SUCK...?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope Bruce Egnator..is reading this and learning the lesson, as well...
going abroad can mean INFERIOR quality. Not in all cases..but in many.
I havent had a single problem with my modules made in the USA. Not one problem.
The other Tc Products seem ok..but the Gmajor was made at some below par facility..and a number of people have noticed the inferior build quality.
And as goood as service is, at Tc...Id rather have a unit that works right and doesnt fail so often.

I've had my gforce for about 4 years now. Gig heavily, dropped the rack once, bought it used from a smoker who used it gigging for many years before me and the thing still works like an absolute champ! I swear by it!

I've never owned any TC gear yet, but I've been able to use a VoiceLive twice (at home), and I love it!

Not only for recording, but a great live tool; love having control over vocal FX w/o the soundguy being involved...

May I just add that I've used a TC Electronics Wizard Series Mastering Processor for over a decade...And it still kicks ***...Over 2 G's when originally purchased...:shock:

And there still is no better stage tuner than Polytune....

That is all...

I still stand by my point: the NEW (not old Tc stuff) can be iffy. Mybassist returned his GXT cause it would freak out, and the power cord was wobbly at the PCB.
Meanwhile my GMaj2 continues to have pots that feel like they cost 19 cents.
And software to back your presetsup is kinda iffy.
Im just saying the stuff CAN sound great..but I think they have to be more picky with certain things (pots,for eample..the software for another).
For 600 USD for a Gmajor,I think they can get the pots right.

At least they fixed the knob issue that had everybody's knobs falling off the original G Major. LOL
The software is a bit of a learning curve, but it does pretty good. Do you download any of the presets that users have uploaded to the archive on the T.C. website. Some of them are pretty cool. The control knobs do have a weird feel to them, but they definitely don't feel like they're going to fly off. I agree with George in that they should have resolved these issues for a product released at the price point they set it. Didn't they save enough money by outsourcing the manufacturing? :lol:

I don't know about the units you have, but I have TC Electronics FLASHBACK & CORONA...toneprint. I really like my pedals. They sound stellar through ALL my Randall MTS amps :D

MindCrime said:
I don't know about the units you have, but I have TC Electronics FLASHBACK & CORONA...toneprint. I really like my pedals. They sound stellar through ALL my Randall MTS amps :D
I was wondering about those pedals. I wasn't sure what to think of them. It is no surprise that they sound great. Cool... :D

M300 and Nova Repeater. No complaints or reliability issues. Their delays sound great!

Its been a long while and many gigs since my first post: My VoiceLive2 has been working out well. Its turned out to be useful and fairly rugged.
But my older units did in fcat have troubles and it was an inconvenience to deal with the.
Bottom line: Some Good some bad.

Latest posts