Jaded Faith MKII 59RR video now up

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaded Faith

Reaction score
Courtesy of Mattfig and his little helpers, I am proud to bring you the demo videos for the MKII 59RR Marshall module.

This mod is my personal take on all things Marshall and was based on a self-modded 1959RR Signature head I owned for the past 2 years. It is designed to give you the best of Marshall, ranging from vintage Plexi to JCM800 and JCM900. Standard options include JMP/JCM switching, Voicing (provides both vintage and modern voicings) and Haze (my nod to the smokey goodness of Egnater EG3/4). Matt's module has an additional Diode clipping option added to give you the JCM900-style clipping on any/all of the modules modes.

The first video shows the modules features with Mattfig's always humorous walk through:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewxwUoeLVqQ

The second video is a walk though some classic Randy Rhoads riffing and leads courtesy of Matt's buddy Greg from Detroit's own Dissolver. He is considered a Randy guru and a Marshall die-hard. He was very hesitant to give the module a try, but that hesitation quickly gave way to a Kool Aid smile after he spent a few minutes playing through the module. This video was recorded during that little tonefest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkGu7bKUr04

Enjoy and feel free to PM with any questions.

Rob

Sounds like a very faithful replication of Randy's god-awful tone on those two albums. :lol:

Maybe a touch more low end chunk though..

Very nice clips, thanks for sharing.

EDIT: Matt's demo for this is spot-on also, he really does a great job of playing something appropriate for each of the modes.... \m/

iekobrid said:
So a switch in the up position means that feature is disengaged?
Correct. I wire all 2-way options that way: down is on for on/off switches or a boosted version of an option for things like tightness and mids.

:D 8)
Very nice vids. I am jonesing more and more for that mod now.
The Brown is at peace with its fate and just waiting for the inevitable. :lol:

:D :D :D :D :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Well makes that decision easier!!

Great videos. Well done. Love those options. I didnt have all of them on mine but it was versatile. JF 59RR is one fine Marshall Medley!!!

That module sounds amazing. Thanks to you it has jumped to around the top of my wishlist.
Your rack is delightful indeed!

Well done, I can't really see any other use for that tone than playing Randy's stuff but I am a Randy fan so it interests me 8) I would say that the stuff with the Charvel sounds more like Brad Gillis. The mahogany and pickups in that Les Paul are what reproduce the Randy tone well.

Actually I just watched Matt's demo... that module sounds great and is a lot more versatile than I thought! Well done! Loved the Def Leppard.

Theres always a place in my heart for this tone. Great vid, nice versatility.
I've grow to like the 80's tones more and more lately.

Thanks for watching guys! Rob's module is awesome...My video shooting and editing skills are not...:)

You wouldn't believe how much time goes into these...But it's fun, so I dig it and I'm learning as I go! It's very worthwhile when you guys are so supportive of the mod and vid....

Thanks much...It is genuinely appreciated!

As for the audio, youtube is rough...there's more balls to all the takes that just can't come thru with youtube compression...

Perhaps these will go up in a better format on Rob's future site?

LunatiBSW said:
Theres always a place in my heart for this tone.
I've grow to like the 80's tones more and more lately.

I agree. More and more I see my mids creeping up and the bass creeping down on my tone controls. This tone just works. Last night had the car radio on the local rock station, don't remember what they were playing (something new) guitar tone was just fuzz/muddy, flipped to the "classic" rock station and they had Paradise City on... instant heart pumping. I'm pretty sure a slight grin crossed my face as soon as I heard that sweet tone.

I dont think it was so much the tones that were bad in the 80's...it was more the production..the technology just wasnt that great for resording in the early 80's for the most part...not to mention,there wasnt alot of emphasis put on getting a great guitar tone back then....weather alot of guys like it or want to admit it,there just wasnt alot of emphasis put in good production or guitar tone until the heavier bands like Metallica,Exodus,etc sarted coming onto the scene in the mid to late 80's...even then some of teh production wasnt that great,but the guitars just had more emphasis and juice.....that may in part due to better technology as well,but I noticed it growing up...that is really what drew me to alot of that stuff was the heavier guitars and the bigger emphasis/presence of the guitar....alot of the hair bands and even some of the earlier stuff of bands like Maiden tended to suffer from bad production....just my observation,especailly going back and listeneing to som eof the original releases....I have a hard time listening to early Maiden,Dokken,Ozzy,etc because the producion was so bad....I think Blizzard or Diary would have been killer if the same technology were available that was used to record No More Tears...Im not referring to the guitar tone specifically,just the overall quality of the recording and the mix,etc....

Shinozoku said:
SATO!!!!!! :twisted:

That one was my fave Greg did...I think it was three takes and he had the whole thing down...

Thanks for the comments on youtube as well...All I'll say is that youtube audio compression does all kinds of things to the original....The woof was probably my compensating for the lack of bass response on youtube... :) But I'm learning more and more how to compensate....

Thanks again!

Matt, (and Jaded faith)
you really have outdone yourself this time!!!
The Module is really good. The videos..each covers the module very well. I like your video for it's in depth explanations and quick demonstrations. I like the electric BoogaLou video because it cut right to the chase: this is Randy's tone on Randy's parts.
Maybe all Module demos should be done this way: a tour of features and then a context sensitive demonstration. Think about it,ok? Really impressed me!!!!
So..how much is this module??????

GtrGeorge

Mattfig said:
Shinozoku said:
SATO!!!!!! :twisted:

That one was my fave Greg did...I think it was three takes and he had the whole thing down...

Thanks for the comments on youtube as well...All I'll say is that youtube audio compression does all kinds of things to the original....The woof was probably my compensating for the lack of bass response on youtube... :) But I'm learning more and more how to compensate....

Thanks again!
Keep in mind, I was listening through audio Technica studio headphones which have a lot of bass. Bbut some of the keys jumped out too. My biggest bit of advice is: Don't try to compensate! Just upload hi-def and you won't need to worry about the instruments dropping out...

But no prob! I've picked up a lot of info from various mags and articles about mixing and production in general, which I'm SO eager to start applying! I gotta get a comp that can handle what I want to do, and mic preamps to fit as well.