JF Trilogy Thoughts - Almost made a HUGE mistake!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad you dig your trilogy. i'm running my gain at 3oclock with a maxon od808 cranked in front, also into a mesa cab with V30's. sounds like guys like you had a much easier time setting theirs and others struggled a bit more. for us it was super weird. it went from something i would never use to something i absolutely worship with the tweaks i mentioned.

Matt when's the party?

Wish I can Skype in this jam session from la.... Guess I'll wait for the amp show!!!

Maybe I'll take some video for fun....So far we have gag halfunt, LoD21, and some ******* named Mattfig. Add some whiskey and fun and we have the making of some serious fun! Anyone else?

Oh yeah, tonight will be the nigh the RoD was broken apart once again...

Because tonight is the maiden voyage the rectal rack! A Mamba SE, Salvado Deluxe, and Gigmods Recto + tonight a special JF Recto!!!! In place of the RT2/50 will be a Mesa 2:90 power amp! We'll add that Mesa power section and see where that leaves these mods. I'm hoping it will add that missing link. Seems the RT2/50 is great for everything but lacks a bit in Mesa tones as the power sections offer much tonal color...Don't get me wrong the RT2/50 still works great for recto tones. I just wanted more sag and mesa color. Should be interesting!

Wow gain at 3 o'clock AND boosted. What kinda metal do u play that is a **** ton of gain.

Killswitch, Sevendust, Skrape...Ya know really its not bad. thinking the variance in tubes pickups etc differs. right now if i plug in direct to the head i can back off the gain or dump the pedal. but as soon as i throw a wah and volume pedal in the mix the buffers dull my signal costing me a little top end bite and the maxon adds it back. Actually looking at modding pedals to true bypass or getting a TB loop pedal.

Also im using a 70 les paul deluxe and its really fat sounding almost too fat and the pedal tames that too more so than you would think the eq would. as for the pickup its a motor city pickup. it probably all ties in along with the fact i've probably lost some hearing.

wait, add one more stage of gain there... hot pups+gain on 3+ and boosted!

I'm a minimalist. I like less gain, very slight boost, and not too hot of a pickup. Get clearer tones that way.

For your needs, I'd say go with a true bypass looper. Do you seriously want to be spending cash on modding pedals?

JD said:
I should of come just to watch the madness!

Gotta post here and say what a fun night it was...We played mods, talked tone, and had a few beverages and such...Thanks to LoD21 and gag halfrunt for coming by...I hope to make this a more regular thing....

And I gotta say that the recto mod that LoD21 has is in fact awesome...We tried many rectos side by side and that one was a strong one. I really liked it!

Super cool guys and I just hope it wasn't too foggy in the house, that skunk just keeps on spraying. I'll find him one day...I just can't believe he actually followed me from my old house...Weird...He's a stinky one...

So, Matt... you agree that our Wrecked-Ohhhh holds its own against the venerable Mamba SE? Just wanna hear it out loud... just wanna see it in writing for the record :p

So bummed that I could not attend, but glad that my partner in crime was able to represent :p WESTSIDE :p LOLOL I can almost garuntee I will be at the next one, maybe me and LoD need to host.

I can't wait to get the rest of the details from LoD later this morning!

H
typo in mod name edited oooopsie

Had an awesome time last time. I just woke up. Is it bad i was dreaming about which module I need next after checking out Matt's rack of doom? Not to mention it looks like i need to try a couple new OD pedals as well.

And for the cats on here wondering how I can play with so much gain....you ain't see nothin til you plug into one of Fig's 7 rigs that all have OD pedals in front of them. And holy sh!t you want to talk about loud. I wish my neighbor would let me pull that one off. It's really interesting though hearing my modules on someone else's rig. Really adds perspective.

Pretty cool to hang and talk gear with like minded guys like Bill and Matt that really know their stuff. Looking forward to doing it again very soon.Thanks for the hospitality brutha!

Big Daddy said:
So, Matt... you agree that our Wreched-Ohhhh holds its own against the venerable Mamba SE? Just wanna hear it out loud... just wanna see it in writing for the record :p

So bummed that I could not attend, but glad that my partner in crime was able to represent :p WESTSIDE :p LOLOL I can almost garuntee I will be at the next one, maybe me and LoD need to host.

I can't wait to get the rest of the details from LoD later this morning!

H

Hiya Big Daddy,

Wished you could have made it too. But something tells me we'll be doing it again.
As for the Wreched-Ohhhh - it is way cool. The Mamba is a different beast but they both sound great. I have a few other recto based mods and we were able to get pretty close with a couple of mine. So yes, it holds it own more than fine. Everyone has a different recto tone they chase and Mamba (Framus) is a different beast to an extent anyway. It is pretty over the top and some people dislike that.

Anyway, next time for sure!

There was a skunk problem in my casa last night as well!
It also involved mts gear in the picture too!
Phenomenon or coincidence?
Wonder if it's a related problem?

:lol:

Sounds like it was a good time and I may be up there in the next 2-3 months. We will have to plan a get together gents. 8)

Very interested in this little mod!

Until I fixed a major issue preventing my RM20 from working earlier this evening, I had thought it was dead and had been eyeing up new amps. I play a lot of metal (think Machine Head type stuff) and I had something 5150/6505 flavoured in mind (was actually considering the Bugera 6262 Infinium heads)

....anyway cut a long story short, I'd love to be able to get a typical 5150/6505 sound through my RM20 as I really love the MTS system, particularly the fundamental approach that Bruce's idea takes to modularising the amp experience in this way.

I've read the thread so far, and understand that patience is needed in terms of dialling in the tone, but essentially what I am asking is: will the Trilogy get me into 5150/6505 territory? Would this be a shrewder investment long-term than a new amp?

schismatic said:
I've read the thread so far, and understand that patience is needed in terms of dialling in the tone, but essentially what I am asking is: will the Trilogy get me into 5150/6505 territory? Would this be a shrewder investment long-term than a new amp?

Yes.... I'm not sure how it would fair with the EL84s though.... Maybe others can comment on that.

Latest posts