Jvm vs rm50

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike361

Reaction score
Just wanted to share my experience with you all on the 2 amps. First of all I got a great deal on the jvm410H. I have not owned a Marshall amp and even though I was not really looking, the opportunity came up and I jumped. I played it exclusively for a month or so and finally after the newness somewhat weared off I turned my rm50 on loaded with the JF 1959 rr and a stock super v. The head I own is a fairly new model so most stock updates. Nothing else done to it and although the Marshall has more punch and a different tone in some frequencies the rm50 did not sound bad at all and I still love the sound as much as I love the new Jvm. I am not a super high gain player and have lived on the crunch and clean channel of the Jvm it has a shtload of gain in the od1 and od2. More than the modules I have but I only use the od1 orange for a bit of EVH tone. Rest assured though, the mts amps really do hold their own. I expected it to be duller and not have the attack that the Marshall does without the new presence boards available. But it is not far from the Jvm in stock form. One thing I might add is that the Jvm has 2 master volumes that you can foot switch in and out. Great for that slight boost. All amps should have this. What it doesn't have is you have to remove it from the head shell to bias it. That is a pain.

After more time and comparisons, the mids on the marshall are more pronounced and punchy than the modules I have. So to see if I could replicate the tone of the jvm, I add a eq pedal in the loop of my rm50 and was actually able to get very close if I wanted to. I am trying to see if I could live without the 59 module. Probably going to sell it and get something that I don't have with the Jvm. I don't need Marshall modules anymore that is for sure. Maybe go for Mesa types.never had any of those. I remember when the Mts amps were selling in the $1000 dollar range with a few stock modules so it's not as if I am comparing a expensive amp to a cheap one. Just very impressed as always that the mts amps can do so many things and do them well. I really should do the presence board updates and then try again. I love both amps :D
Just to clarify, the Jvm is 100 watts, so it isn't really a true comparison as the 50 watt rm is a smoother amp from the rm100 from what I hear. I have compared my 50 to a budda amp and they are closer in feel. The jvm's have a very fast response and are not a squishy amp by no means. There is a very popular negative feedback mod on a pot to give it more of the older Marshall feel. Which is actually just to give it some power amp juice instead of all the preamp only. Everyone always wants to mod things.

Latest posts