Kirk Confirmed

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, this is the second time that I've seen Kirk directly follow George Lynch's lead onto a "new" product (the first being ESP guitars) - I wonder if there's some correllation?

Same brand amp and same brand guitar.... nothing wrong with that..

I'd call it more a coincidence, because esp and randall go together perfectly.

I have a Tom Anderson into an RM4..and its AMAZING.
I really have not heard a better combination. As good as ESP is...I really think you should hear a Tom Anderson COBRA (with Tom Holmes pickups in it, H,S,S)...the sound and versatility is drop-dead impressive.

I also use ESP, I have two Ex400's a white and a black and use an RM100. While there are other good brands out there ESP have always felt right in my hands.

how could anyone not like the mts series? having all those different tones at a moments notice is a guitarists dream...and to have it all tube (unlike solid state "modeling") makes it that much more inviting.

cheers to good tone and unlimited possibilities. :lol:

Iconoclysm said:
Hmm, this is the second time that I've seen Kirk directly follow George Lynch's lead onto a "new" product (the first being ESP guitars) - I wonder if there's some correllation?

It's probably just coincidence. Although, I remember reading about how George and Kirk hung out a lot during the Monsters of Rock tour. They may be old buds.

Just a thought to tie up the coincidence.

Scott

I personally think the MTS will sound good with ANY good guitar out there :wink:

metaldier said:
Same brand amp and same brand guitar.... nothing wrong with that..

I'd call it more a coincidence, because esp and randall go together perfectly.

George was one of the first ESP guitar players and Kirk followed within what, a year? A coincidence that spans 20 years is more than two things going together perfectly...and I'd hardly say ESP and Randall go together any more perfect than ESP and any other amp.

RD/Steve said:
how could anyone not like the mts series? having all those different tones at a moments notice is a guitarists dream...and to have it all tube (unlike solid state "modeling") makes it that much more inviting.

cheers to good tone and unlimited possibilities. :lol:

Modeling is not solid state, it's a completely different approach than that.

I'm more a fan of the Egnater stuff than the Randall stuff.

The actual connection is Scott Ian not George Lynch. Scott used to be endorsed by ESP and turned Kirk on to them. He also led Kirk to Randall. See the interview with Kirk in the new GW, the one with him on the cover.

www.musiknet.net i have a link on my site to 2 videos about his new amp.
check it out.. and by the way, let me know what you think of my new site design..

yeah, ive become a randall ***** LOL