looking for help / guidance on the "right" way to

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Wadd

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm looking for help / guidance on how to take advantage of an RM4 WITH my RM100 as the power amp.
I have an RM100 with MDA board, and I run my rack gear (tuner, eq, lexicon pcm80) through the series effects loop. I have a jumper in the parallel loop.

I have an RM4 that is basically and expensive module storage container right now.. not hooked up.

I want to be able to use all 7 module slots and switch between them, without having to buy a separate power amp. (I do intend to purchase a rt2/50) just don't have the funds at the moment.

So, can I get my rm4 to work with my system as it is now?
Can I run the rm4 through the effects loop & does this shut off the preamp module in the head ? (Meaning I'm not running a preamp in the rm4 through a preamp in the rm100?)

I realize im going to need some kind of switcher, I'm leaning towards a gcx board and switcher,but again that's more cash too..

So is there a way to do whatid like right now, (without hurting anything) and then slowly get the aditional power amp, switchers, etc..?

Any help, guidance, opinion are welcome.
Thanks in advance!

Honestly, you'll probably spend as much on a decent MIDI controller and switcher as you will on a used power amp....

Yeah, I know. But can it or will it work with the ground control pro & switcher? And then later I can ad the rt250?

Yes it will

it just needs some thought

Guitar -> GCX INPUT
GCX OUT 1+2 -> to RM4 IN and RM100 IN
RM4 OUT and RM100 SEND -> GCX IN

Now you can do 2 things:
You can put your FX in the loops of the GCX or you can put them in series between the GCX OUT and the RM100 RETURN

But if you don't have the funds for an RT2/50, a GCX +GCP is gonna set you back just as much

Thanks for your help..I do appreciate it.
Now I guess I need to decide which route to take first, the ground control or the power amp...
I guess going the route of the gcx, gets me what I asked right away vs the power amp then the gcx.
Thank you for your help!!!

Latest posts