Mad Hatter Modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadHatter_Lurch

Reaction score
Hey I just want some input. I have been working on my two main modules for a while. The AFKAT is getting closer and closer to what I want, but the MadClean(blackface) is still so far from, but starting to take form (need cash fr new caps and resistors to play with)

Here is the faceplate I have designed for the A.F.K.A.T.
AFKATFace.jpg

The Bright switch might retain its name. it does something different now, but still brightens up the module. I did not base this off of any particular amp, just knew I did not want a Tweed so I started playing. I ripped the modules up and replace probably about 1/2 the parts. it is a high gain monster with a very bright side. I set out to make a tone I would love more then my JCM 2000, and I found it. it outdoes the Marshall, but was never meant to sound like it.
I am thinking about making a gain switch for this modules and many a mid/bass switch... not sure yet, still playing around.

My other mod is just in its infancy... I have not got the time or money yet to re-create my favorite amp, old Ampeg V-4 that my dad bought new, so until I have the ability to make a V-10 mod, I have the MadClean! Muahahahahaha
this module is a Blackface I got from Daryl. It took me all of one week before I disengaged the bright switch and re purposed it. this module is far far far from done, but here is the new face of the MadClean!
MadCleanFace.jpg

The Mad clean is currently loaded with 12DW7 in the V1 and a 12AU7 in V2. The module is a rising star, but when I go for cleans, I want purity. This module (coupled with my 6550s) gives gorgeous tones that will not distort even if you ask nicely, why? Because the module is Mad I tell you MAD!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what I've been playing with. anyway, please let me know what you think, and any suggestions. Also, if you have a better way to print face-plates than silkscreen let me know. I tried a toner transfer but that worked about as well as giving the stock market money and asking it to hold it for a while... could almost see what I was getting at, but just a who disappointment and had to scrap the whole thing and clean the faceplate again. anyway, Take care!

Peace!
~My Hat-mod brings all the geeks to the board, hell yeah less complete than yours. please shoot me for using that song...

You are a mad scientist mister Hatter... :D
I mean that as a compliment.... :wink:

Latest posts