Mixing Eminence and Celestion Speakers: RM50 Head and Cab

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tried many many speaker combinations in many cabs. The v30s are good but the v12 is a cheaper version of the same speaker. My favorite is v30 / g12t75 or v30 / texas heat for a darker metal tone. I have a voodoo amps cab with 1 g12h30 heritage / v30 / greenback / soon to replace my texas heat with a super v. I think you would be better off getting super v speakers instead of the older v12. I hear great things about scumback 65 speakers as well.

The manowar is another good speaker but has a higher resonant frequency than its celestion counterpart. Most of the eminence speakers do, with the exception of a couple like the texas or super v. The governor is a great midrange speaker but is a tad boxy. The swamp thang is a big thumping speaker that has tons of low mids and headroom compared to most. The tonker is very clean and big, kinda dark. The wizard is good to mix with a v30 although it does have some high frequencies that are a tad annoying. The g12h is a better choice for the same type of sound. It all depends on what you are trying to accomplish and with what cab. An oversized mesa will give you alot of thump and you may not need a speaker that has that like the texas heat unless you want to play very heavy chugging metal. If you want to cut in the mix I would go with alot of mids like the v30 and governor or v30 / super v.

MYDEMISE said:
It all depends on what you are trying to accomplish and with what cab.
i have a modded 1086 and a blackface. i play mostly metal; things like Metallica, Megadeth, In Flames, All That Remains, Shadows Fall, etc. what speakers would you recommend??

i was thinking about getting an Avatar G412 with V30's and G12H30's, then selling the G12's for $300 and getting two eminence's to pair with the V30's.

but i may also get the same cab and sell all four speakers to buy 4 eminence speakers that go together really well, like the Super V and Texas Heat.

what would you recommend?

also, the only reason i want to get the Avatar cab and sell the speakers is because by doing that, i get money back. the cab is $500 loaded, and $300 unloaded. the G12's are $150 new, so two would be $300. then i could use the money to get some eminence's to put in it. or i could sell all four to get $540 then get 4 eminence speakers to replace them. so the only reason for doing this is to save money.

Thanks, John.

I bought some eminence from Avatar. I was unaware they did not have them anymore? Get a couple of g12k100 or 12t100 speakers and 2 v30s. If you dont like that setup try the super vs with texas heat. I dont care for the 1086 stock. Is it really worth modding? It sounds hollow / boomy and masked stock.

Latest posts