Module Recommendations Needed

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Electric I

Reaction score
What's the best mod to use with the RM20 get AC/DC tones ? Both Angus & Mal, if possible.

The JTM seems like it'd do the trick, although a boost/od pedal up front would be required.

Or maybe the plexi mod by itself ?

I would say the Brahma, it's a sweet sounding module that reminds me of a cross between a good old Plexi and a Vox AC30. Real sweet mids and round high end. It'll be great for ACDC type rhythm chugging and big power chords.
For more gain, you do need to run a good OD pedal for solos. I've tried the TS-9 and an AC Booster, both sounded great for smooth distortion.

Hmmm... never even considered the Brahma. Worth looking into. Thanks for the suggestion.

Oh - some nice playin' ya got there on myspace.

Electric I said:
What's the best mod to use with the RM20 get AC/DC tones ? Both Angus & Mal, if possible.

The JTM seems like it'd do the trick, although a boost/od pedal up front would be required.

Or maybe the plexi mod by itself ?

The Plexi I just sold sounds pretty close to Angus.

Electric I said:
Hmmm... never even considered the Brahma. Worth looking into. Thanks for the suggestion.

Oh - some nice playin' ya got there on myspace.
Thanks for checking out my site and listening.
The Brahma is cool because the core tone is real good, but you do have to run a good OD pedal for extra gain, because like the old JCM 800s and plexis, they do not push enough gain by themselves. This is exactly how George Lynch uses the modules. I also know a lot of LB users running it the same way.
. However, for ACDC type rhythm, you don't want a lot of gain anyway, just straight amp distortion , so that's why I recommended the Brahma, you can tailor the sound to the way you wanted it.
Good luck.

Torn between the plexi & the brahma.

My wallet may have to decide. :wink:

Thanks for the input, all.