Module review forum?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crunchtime

Reaction score
I thought it would be great if there was a module review section here. Something similar to the HC user reviews. There is a lot of good info. to be found here but, it takes a lot of filtering through threads to find what you really want. I think a review section would go over really well.

I like the sound of that. That would allow us to give some examples as to what each module could do tone wise as compared to other amps as well.

Rellik said:
I like the sound of that. That would allow us to give some examples as to what each module could do tone wise as compared to other amps as well.
And without having to do profound searching for the right one :D

I'll do some:

Clean: Hated it. Dull. All I can say about that one.

Blackface: Love it. Very robust, clean, bright, all the things I like in a clean module. Could use a little more mids, but other that, exceptional.

Plexi: Loved this one. Nice crunch, and with volume and good technique, you can actually shred with it. Could have used a bit more warmth and clarity. COUGH COUGH Pete.

Recto: Good. Wish I would have kept it and did the grail mods, and a little of my own to it. Pretty sure I could have made that thing a beast.

XTC: Perfect for smooth, thick leads. Does as advertised, sings like a bird. Not a good rhythm module if you do fast metal stuff, but with a cap change, it does really well. Pete's new and old mods on this sounded great. Actually preferred the old mod with this one.

SL+: JCM 800 specs. Enough said.

Ultra: Good, but lacking mids. Very sizzly. With some added mids and some hint of this and less of that. I actually think this could come close to an SLO. This is likely to be a modders money maker if they start modding one of the modules to this COUGH COUGH PETE.

Ultra XL: My favorite metal module. Shredders dream. Would be great to add some thick mids with this one as well. No complaints for this one. I love it.

Now that I am posting this, I am going back and forth of whether I should sell my rig or not. ENGL Invader is coming from the MAILMAN, and I have a feeling that one bad *** amp won't be enough. Monogamy is so hard when it comes to amps and guitars. :wink:

Not a forum but not only can you input a short review you can put your settings in as well. Great way to share how you get a certain tone.

http://grailtone.com/tone-settings/randall/randall-amp-settings.html

krazyhick2 said:
Now that I am posting this, I am going back and forth of whether I should sell my rig or not. ENGL Invader is coming from the MAILMAN, and I have a feeling that one bad *** amp won't be enough. Monogamy is so hard when it comes to amps and guitars. :wink:
I cannot stay faithful to just ONE AMP! haha
But I always keep coming back to the MTS. It can do it all. I should of just kept my Last Lynch box when I bought the Engl and just put it in the back room.
But like all gear hounds, I wanted to free up some funds to.....BUY MORE GEAR!! Besides....its fun to flip gear just to get the EXPERIENCE of owning all this killer stuff in the music world.
But better to PLAY ON IT! :D

I've had this thing for only a week so the reliability thing is still up in the air, but assuming that goes well, this is a keeper. At minimum it will be in my studio for recording via reamping stuff.