• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

MTS and Mods - Best Analog Rig Out There

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdInfinitum

Reaction score
I own a studio room full of amps and have played vintage and boutique amps at Rudy's in NYC and at 30th street. I own the following: 70's NMV Twin, Matshall 1987 xl, JMP voodoo modded, Ceriatone Trainwreck, Carr, Hiwatt Dr-504, 5150, 5153, GK 250 ml, GK back line, Boogie Studio, Fargen Miniplex 2, Zenterra, Vetta 2, Fender Deville, Transatlantic, Tweaker, zinky, Ceriatone Overdrive Special, Rockman XPL, JMP-1, ADA, Boogie 5:25, pretty much every single amp modeler from Pod, Pod XT, X3' HD500, Fender Mercury, Boss jS8, Amplitube, AmpFarm, Th-2, GTR, Guitar Rig, Logics Amp, etc. Oh and an Axe-fx standard.

In terms of sound, flexibility, and pushing air, the MTS rig gives the Axe a run for it's money. While the Axe does a better job at nailing certain amps (I honestly thought my Hiwatt and Plexi patches sounded better than the real thing), there is just MOJO in that MTS rig. I've gotten sounds from it that I've been searching for for 30 years - a crunchy/bluesy Plexi, a violin tone from a tube driver into a Twinface, saturated lead tones. Do any of these nail a particular amp - sort of, but I haven't really tried. These modules, whether stock or modded by Scott, Jf or Anthony are just simply amazing and fun to play. Still love my Axe, but a frequenly will use my Radial ABY box to switch between them. I just can't say enough about the mods - they are great. So modders, keep the insanity coming.

Because the MTS connoisseurs read the classified.

Or I put it in the wrong forum.

Take you pick or flip it if you don't like it.

AdInfinitum said:
Because the MTS connoisseurs read the classified.

Or I put it in the wrong forum.

Take you pick or flip it if you don't like it.
Oh yeah. We absolutely read the classifieds! Because we cant get enough of this stuff!!! Mod Junkies R Us!!!
So what modules you packin?!

Since you don't care for it anymore, I'll send you my address and you can ship me that Axe-FX...

:p

Tell you what - this is what I can do for you, Matt...

I'll send you the Axe, my Salvation Stoner AD and a couple hun. You send me the POD and a stock Clean. Fair deal?

rlord1974 said:
Tell you what - this is what I can do for you, Matt...

I'll send you the Axe, my Salvation Stoner AD and a couple hun. You send me the POD and a stock Clean. Fair deal?

Hmmmm.... :lol: But I can't send the clean with any knobs or tubes...Oh yeah and the faceplate is hot pink and misspelled...The PODXT will blow you away! It has all the tones MTS wishes they had!

You can dial it in to be anything you dream and more!!!! :lol: :lol:

Let's do, Stoner AD, Axe, and 400? Deal? You pick up shipping both ways, of course....

OK Matt. But instead of $400, how about I make it an even $800 and we take care of our respective shipping? I know my offer seems a little light, so I'll throw in a mint RM20 in custom pastel turquoise tolex, loaded with a Salvation Loneclean. The RM20 will ship out in its custom ATA case, so no worries on shipping damage.

Are we getting close to a reasonable trade?

rlord1974 said:
OK Matt. But instead of $400, how about I make it an even $800 and we take care of our respective shipping? I know my offer seems a little light, so I'll throw in a mint RM20 in custom pastel turquoise tolex, loaded with a Salvation Loneclean. The RM20 will ship out in its custom ATA case, so no worries on shipping damage.

Are we getting close to a reasonable trade?

:lol: :lol: Deal :lol: :lol:

Although I have to ship uninsured and parcel post....PLus it won't be packed very well...And I removed all fans to help you avoid unnecessary noise...

Sounds like a solid deal all around gents. :lol:
The MTS kicks *** no doubt. And this forum always seems to provide... knowledge, and if that is lacking at anytime the humor that is spun hear kills me. Good tones & good times people. 8)

Oh, no worries on the fans. I think I read somewhere that they actually don't do anything so its ok to sell these amps without fans...

No worries on the pack job either - I find that a layer of paper towel sealed up with some cellophane usually does the trick.

Oh, about the RM20 - it actually is a conversion job. It started out as a Peavey Bandit combo. I modded it using modular parts I stripped off of a RM80 combo that I found on Craigslist for cheap, as it had suffered some water and smoke damage in a grease fire. I then built the headshell out of multiple layers of popsicle sticks, birch bark and primary paste. It's as solid as you need I'm sure. I got the turquoise tolex off of an old masseuse table being sold by a steam bath that had run into some legal issues on account of the underage transsexual prostitution ring the police had traced to the upper floor of the building. I cleaned it up real nice using some carnuba wax and some shoe shine. I'm sure you will be pleased with it!

Latest posts