Multi Effect Rack Units

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sargentcrunch

Reaction score
I have a Rm50 Head and was looking at multi effect rack units, I don't much about them honestly, but I saw one called a G Major 2. I noticed there is midi plugs on the back and the Rm50 obviously doesn't support midi, does that mean I can't run this or is the midi just an option for amps that do support it? I like that the g major has all kinds of effects on it, it would be worth the investment to save the money I would be spending on pedals in the long run.

Thanks!

it s a good unit (the Gmajor2)..although its not as sturdy as I like for "The road"..

re:midi and the rm50...I have gripped for a long time that they screwed up...Randall shouldve done midi on the rm50....so its an epic fail on that score. But a Gmaj2 can be used withit...but you need a midi pedal board for it.

GtrGeorge

So I can plug the G major into the Rm50 effects loop, and than run a midi pedalboard from the gmajor to switch off effects and stuff?

yeah you can...
but use your ears...I didnt like how my rm50s loop sounded. I do like the loop on my rm22..
maybe its me.

GtrGeorge

I believe the G Major 2 also has a 1/4 output that connects to your RM50 footswitch jack connector allowing you to change channels on your amp per preset. For a MIDI pedal, I highly recommend the Rocktron MIDIMate.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MIDIMATE/

as for a midi footswitch..
I am a ground control person...and not the new one, either...
I like the older version..its smaller,lighter and it takes up less space on the stage....but lots of musicians like the newer one.
I will say this....the newer ground has excellent heavy duty switches..the older version has switches that are good, but not great.
I like great.
GtrGeorge