Multieffects question with RM100

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaronharmon

Reaction score
Okay. So I have an RM100 running a pair of yellow jackets on the inside, I pulled the outside tubes. I just picked up a Digitech GNX4. How do I set this up for the best tone? At the moment, I have the left 1/4" out running to the input on the front of the amp and it sounds like ****. There is an output level for the 1/4" outs (on the GNX4). It is very senistive. If I turn it too far up, I have a ton of noise. So I have it almost zero'd out.

I am just running through a blackface with the gain at around 10 o'clock and the volume dimed on the module.

I want to just be able to use the GNX4 on channel one (Blackface) and bypass it with I switch to my Pete modded Recto.

Should I be running this through one of the loops?

I am a newb with effects pedals.

Any help would be great thanks.

Aaron

Yep, you want to run that through the effects loop. If it messes with your tone too much, then try it in the parallel loop. That is the one with the level control on the front. You can turn it all the way down when not in use. This is the best way to tell if an effect is coloring the tone too. I have my boss v-wah in this loop because of the coloration. I love the univibe sound but I was noticing a drastic tone change when I had my pedals plugged in. The rest seem to be ok but that thing was killing it for me. Also I took an a/b switch and placed it in between the send and the pedal so I can break the effected signal and not have to turn the effects knob up to use it. In channel a it connects the pedal and sends the signal through, when it is on channel b there is no cable attached to the output so no signal is injected so no tone change. Try to turn off the amp modeling inside if you can. Then you can use the multi effects like the boss me50 is designed. There should be a setting for using in front of the amp too. Those are probably set factory to run into a power amp or direct to a mixer. I used to have a GT-8 that I ran into a pa at first then into a blackheart b5h and had to change the output settings, but since the RM series I have went back to modded modules and pedals and have never looked back.

Thanks, I'll give that a try. To be honest, I really don't need much in the way of effects. I have about 6 modules and they give me a ton of versatillity. I just wanted some time based effects but I picked this thing up for next to nothing so I thought what the hell. It is overkill, but **** it's fun to play with.

The effects loops on the RM are line level,so anything in the loops need to run line level or they usually sound like crap.See if the GNX4 run at line or instrument level.