Musicord Power.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daryl said:
By my estimation the exact same results could be achieved by using a larger gauge power cord with adequate shielding and mil-spec connectors. And at a significantly lower price point. Doesn't it feel like this company is kind of insulting our intelligence?

Duhhhhrrr.... :?

What is your "Significantly Lower Pricepoint?

Me have monies, and interressted

:wink:

the only audience response i ever got was ..."thanks for ruining my hearing *******" which i replied "your welcome ...see ya at the next show dirt bag" !!!!!

Hamner1 said:
bduersch said:
Julia said:
When was the last time someone came up to you at a gig and asked you why Sweet Home Alabama sounded so much better tonight, and you replied "because I got a new power cable for my amp."

I dunno why, but this line made my day. :)

--B

:lol: I missed that the 1st time around. That is hilarious. Most people don't normally compliment your guitar tone. Guitarists or maybe musicians, but in truth that has never been the answer I got or gave. It's always the pickups, strings, amp, tubes, guitar cable &/or speaker cable, guitar itself.

Nightdare said:
Daryl said:
By my estimation the exact same results could be achieved by using a larger gauge power cord with adequate shielding and mil-spec connectors. And at a significantly lower price point. Doesn't it feel like this company is kind of insulting our intelligence?

Duhhhhrrr.... :?

What is your "Significantly Lower Pricepoint?

Me have monies, and interressted

:wink:
For you...
I'll cut you a deal...
How about $90?
That's half the cost of the ESP Musicord cable, yet at the same time I'm totally stealing your fucking lunch money...
Sound good? Works for me... :lol:
Although for a 2 meter, 14 gauge cable with Amphenol connectors you could probably solder it up in 30 seconds for under $25, depending on the fluctuations in the price of copper and components. Sub assembly production could get the cost down to nearly a third of that price with contract pricing and quantity discounts. MAP could reasonably be $50 with labor, packaging, and marketing costs amortized into the price with a healthy profit margin tacked on.
:lol:
I just couldn't be bold enough to cheat people like that.

I think ESP really thinks we are simple.
But why would that review be so glowing???
It reminds me of all the reviews I've read of certain recording gear..and then after I bought that piece and lived with it for a year..using it every way I could I concluded: it's a piece of CRAP..and the reviewer was either tone deaf or bought off.

My opinion of reviews in major publications is they are bought off. It makes sense since the mags get most of their $$ from ads. That's like pissing off your boss & and epecting to still have a job.

I have never read a review in a guitar mag which seemed truthful.
It makes me wonder why I have a subscription at all..

They probably aren't bought off directly.
But then there is the fact that manufacturers won't send stuff to be reviewed if you've written a bad review of their last product, and the amount of free crap they get sent.

You should just see it as an ad.
Try community reviews for more trustworthy and truthful stuff.
(Not Harmony Central but forums etc)

m0jo said:
I have never read a review in a guitar mag which seemed truthful...

But then there is the fact that manufacturers won't send stuff to be reviewed if you've written a bad review of their last product, and the amount of free crap they get sent.

I agree and it is one of the reasons I don't have a subscription to any mags anymore. I used to get Guitar Shop back in the early 90's. This was a cool idea and I wonder why it fell out of favor. At present time I just check out the free online version of Guitar Player. And if I "need" tabs, I just checkout tablibrary.com.

I agree they are not bought off directly. But knowing where the majority of the cash comes from, it isn't likely the editor is going to allow a bad review to go into print. It also makes me wonder how many of the reviews (amps & effects) are A/B'd with the original product it is modeled after or they claim sounds like. How many times have you heard it "nails" the original TS808, Tweed, Bassman, FuzzFace, etc, to be less than wow'd by the item when you got it.

Hamner1 said:
m0jo said:
I have never read a review in a guitar mag which seemed truthful...

I agree and it is one of the reasons I don't have a subscription to any mags anymore. I used to get Guitar Shop back in the early 90's. This was a cool idea and I wonder why it fell out of favor. At present time I just check out the free online version of Guitar Player. And if I "need" tabs, I just checkout tablibrary.com.

I agree they are not bought off directly. But knowing where the majority of the cash comes from, it isn't likely the editor is going to allow a bad review to go into print. It also makes me wonder how many of the reviews (amps & effects) are A/B'd with the original product it is modeled after or they claim sounds like. How many times have you heard it "nails" the original TS808, Tweed, Bassman, FuzzFace, etc, to be less than wow'd by the item when you got it.
Don't get me started on modeler reviews! It makes you wonder wether those people have actually heard "that rectifier grind" in real life or just through the same laptop speakers that they're hearing the model.. I've seen so many claims of nailing this or that .. and it turns out the sound is just a kind of caricature of the original sound (so a rectifier = enormous scooped mids, fizz and shitload of bass...according to them)

Either way, to get back on topic, I think the review of this cable is just pure placebo effect.
Like khingpynn noted: he heard the difference in non-blind testing, and no difference in blind testing.

IMO if you even need to do blind testing (indication that you're not sure wether there's a difference at all) the difference is negligible.
Anything like your ears, atmospheric conditions, the acoustics where you are, and the state of the space-time continuem are going to make a way bigger difference .. and they change, all the time!

m0jo said:
I have never read a review in a guitar mag which seemed truthful.
It makes me wonder why I have a subscription at all..

You should just see it as an ad.
Try community reviews for more trustworthy and truthful stuff.
(Not Harmony Central but forums etc)

Dude, I couldn't agree more...Operating my little studio gets me free subscriptions to several music rags and it's all promotion whether article or ad...Although I LOVE the Sweetwater yearly catalogue...It's so fun to read...What a dork I am for even saying that!

But you guys do it too...

Latest posts