NAMM Bruce Egnater interview

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can that modular thing plug into other amps? REALLY? That'd be so **** cool if it really works that well. Just get like a good amp, shove in, and add the channels you need. Better yet, get a crap amp, add those in, you suddenly have a fantastic amp at a cheaper price than having to buy an entire 'nother randall/egnater chassis

The E2 will work in any power amp with a loop...great idea!

They've been chatting that up over at RigTalk for almost a year :shock:

The E2 should allow you to hit a switch and change between your amp tone, then hit a switch and get the dual eggy's into the amp power section
It's a 4 cable method, the rm4 doesn't do that on a switch

+ Bruce said only $300 unloaded :shock:

slashnstrings said:
eyeball987 said:
crankyrayhanky said:
+ Bruce said only $300 unloaded :shock:

WTF?!? Are you sure about that? :shock: is right.

Time for us to save up eh?

I can swing $300 pretty easily. I thought that these were going to be $1200. Then again, I guess unloaded would be about $300. Still :shock:

Bruce said in the video $900--$1,000 loaded; $300 unloaded (previously reported around $400 unloaded)
I thought it would be about $1200; the mods are about $400 a piece

He did mention trying to get mass production in order to lower costs; at this point it's a hand wired operation...but of 9 bills gets me an E2, a SLX and an EG3/4, count me in

Single space rack mount? and does it have an instrument input? and a simple line level output to go into a dbx gate/compressor/limiter and then into a MFX then to a simple power amp?

Hmmmm...... that would make it only two rack spaces with a power amp.

slashnstrings said:
Yeah unloaded 300$ loaded i think he said around 1100$

I'll be stunned if they manage to do that...the regular M4 comes in at around $400 if you buy a fully loaded one...

I was expecting $399....and still thinking that's a bargain because it comes with a built in switcher...no more external unit required.

Just so everyone knows, Egnater had previously said it's down to the discretion of the dealer whether you can buy an unloaded unit or not.

Historically M4s have been sold fully loaded or at least partially. Egnater probably makes more money on a module and empty pre-amp chassis tend to leak module sales to Randall.