New modular systems?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This would be one of the biggest innovations in guitar gear ever and would introduce many non MTS amp users to modular with the enticement of having the amp they love and adding any flavor of MTS as a couple seamlessly integrated channels!

Agree with this 100%! This would be the best way to draw in MANY more folks to the MTS line. Hell, I'd be far more willing to grab another amp or two, since as long as it has an FX loop, I could still use my mods.

I hope this actually happens this time around, lol.

Corium_AZ said:
I hope this actually happens this time around, lol.

I think after several years we're all a bit skeptical; absolutely no offense meant to Bruce. Bruce is a great guy and after speaking with him, at a fair amount of depth, I know most of the setbacks were not due to HIM. I hope the new modular line happens, just to keep it rolling, and after talking with Bruce I think I know what the MAJOR new feature/improvement is. It was told to me (and a couple others) in confidence at the Amp Building Class last November, so don't ask me (ask Bruce). :wink:

I can see an E2 in my future, just for the hell of it.

bruce egnater said:
What about a MOD20 with a great clean channel build it? You change the other channel? Just an idea we a toying with.

This sounds great . . . with black tolex.

drewiv said:
bruce egnater said:
What about a MOD20 with a great clean channel build it? You change the other channel? Just an idea we a toying with.

It's a cool idea and might garner some interest, but honestly it wouldn't interest me. At this point I have three MOD50s (two heads, one combo), a MOD100 and a couple modules here and there :lol: , but I've always wanted a 50 watt modular amp with four dual channel slots. That would be ideal for me, but I can understand that you're trying to sell more than one amp to me. :D

I have no idea how the stats go on these wants but i as well would love a 4 slot rack or very minimal head, scale-able 50/20/12 watts or something like that. Sort of like an RM4 or M4 with a tweak-able power section but in a small case so it could rack or carry.

I'm sure everyones got their own idea of what perfect is

suphuckers said:
How about a 6 slot 100w head? ;)

Mod 100 is already a six channel amp...(3 dual channel mods) Already weighs a ton- To Drew's point, a six slot amp would be massive and probably too much. Maybe he could do it in a rack preamp.

suphuckers said:
Mattfig said:
suphuckers said:
2x6=12 ...and I'd want one. God gave me arms and legs. If it weighs less than 200lbs I'm in ;)

Young crazy *******!

Well I'm not 50 yet but I'm far from young Matt. I just think I care less about how much it weighs and more about what it does.

Plus I'm not a Nancy ;)

No nancy boy here but my band plays places with stairs.... :lol: Roadies are a thing of the past...my limit is 80...

bruce egnater said:

great idea.

A 50 watt version would be nice too. Prefer EL34s or 6L6s to EL84s

suphuckers said:
Plus I'm not a Nancy ;)

I'm a Nancy. I gave up taking my MOD100 out of the house long ago. Hence, my heavy investment in MOD50s. MOD50 and Vertical 2x12 is far easier than MOD100 and 4x12. Yes, Nancy.

rblyn said:
suphuckers said:

Mod 100 is already a six channel amp...(3 dual channel mods) Already weighs a ton- To Drew's point, a six slot amp would be massive and probably too much. Maybe he could do it in a rack preamp.

What about a SS or digital power section? It would make weight a non-issue. my Markbass is SS and sounds bonkers good.

The Rossness said:
rblyn said:
suphuckers said:

What about a SS or digital power section? It would make weight a non-issue. my Markbass is SS and sounds bonkers good.

You shall be flogged bowelled and quartered for this sacrilege!

Haha, I was think the same exact thing.. then I remembered I was seriously considering a Matrix GT1000FX :shock:

lintycreep said:
Haha, I was think the same exact thing.. then I remembered I was seriously considering a Matrix GT1000FX :shock:

I tried that for a while. I have a demo with a handful of modules with the GT1000FX. Maybe paired with a Two Notes CAB it would be a good solution for a light live rig.

Latest posts