New modular systems?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny to me to think that those of us who have stuck with the MTS platform and still carry the torch so to speak are probably the worst possible target customer. We are drawn to the platform because we love options and flexibility. We like to tinker and mix and match and many of us at least dabble in the soldering arts. Ten of us together probably have ten different ideal configurations we want from our synergy amp.

We are probably the most difficult customer to cater to and an impossible group to develop a profitable product line for.

I hope the synergy line is super successful, but if it's not, I really would like to see Bruce take it "open source" ax84 project style rather than see it wither on the vine.

Actually Line6 had a modular pedal system. They even provided a blank module and software to develop your own pedal.

those pedals were digital solutions. Modelling algorithms that you either buy a module for or upload a sim. I can't imagine they sounded any good. I had a Pod HD500 for a while. It had some ok effects but none had an analog sound. it was for practice or idea recording. not much else. The amp sims were pretty bad compared to Tube/analog MTS.

Devi Ever was going to do something but that fell through when she stepped out.

Am I the only one that was looking at a Fryette Power Station and now doesn't know what to do?

I have a VHT 2/50/2 and was looking to potentially pair it with the Power Station.

However.... a single space power amp specifically designed for MTS by Fryette!?!? 20 watts!?!? With an E2 I'd have a small, light rig with all of the flexibility I'd need.

I almost sold all of my MTS gear and exited.. SOOO glad I didn't now.

I guess either way Fryette and Synergy are getting into my bank account in the near future..

There might be a better spot on the forum for this post..just thought I'd share to see if anyone else was having similar thoughts.

I too want what you want but I'm not confused. I mean, yes, I am but that will clear up when Synergy makes an appearance.

What I mean to say is....either Synergy makes a rack mountable amp at 20-30 watts that isn't el84 driven, that is designed to sound stunning with MTS or I go find one of many amp builders who will gladly make me an amp that suits.

there is a giant world of people out there who make things. They have decidedly gone in the direction of less volume over quality and options and have been somewhat forced, by market economy, to do it at reasonably competitive rates.

I hope that Synergy an Co. will give me what I want but I also understand that they need to deliver to a larger market so I might not get it. I've started reaching out to amp builders with my need for this amp and have found a few that can deliver at a very good price.

I don't think I'll need to go there, though. I think the Syn20 or whatever it's called will be a nearly all feature solution. It's my hope anyway.

I don't know about a 20 watt rack power amp .the Fryette Syn is 50/50 I think .
Synergy did confirm on the FB page that you could use a 5881 in the Syn20.
So no El84s.
That's great news and I am excited about the released details so far
a dedicated Synergy clean , 1 module slot
reverb with a great sounding recording out in a more compact designed head is a huge bonus.
The other thing I thought was cool .choice of Tolex, Grill ,Piping
Great News all around

I'm glad to hear the Syn20 is not going to be EL84 based. I'm looking forward to that amp replacing my Rebel20 and Tweaker15 for that grab and go amp. Lots of cool stuff on the horizon, great to be a guitarist these days.

a 5881 makes the deal for me. I'm done. That's all I want. And a Dirty Shirley Mod. And that's it. And an Salvo OR100 Mod, and that's all I need. And a Bogner Mod, and a......

But that's it

Extrageration said:
Am I the only one that was looking at a Fryette Power Station and now doesn't know what to do?...
...just thought I'd share to see if anyone else was having similar thoughts.

Since I only use the Red channel on my 5153 and for some reason the RM4 I have doesn't like to play well with the power section of this head, I've been looking to replace it with a good power amp that doesn't weight a ton, hence the Power Station. And since the announcement of the Synergy line I've decided to wait as this could be the solution for me.

I'm really looking forward to the Synergy products.

It may be nice to just do to a dealer and buy what you need instead of scourging the boards…. :D

Ant chance Synergy can confirm a definite Namm 2016 for unrolling the new line of E1, E2, Syn 20, Syn 50 and Preamps?

Or will it be pushed back to a later date? perhaps end of year.

thanks for any new info you might be able to share.

In case I missed it, are the original Egnater dual-modules going to be available, but redubbed 'Synergy'?

Bucksears said:
In case I missed it, are the original Egnater dual-modules going to be available, but redubbed 'Synergy'?

Well they won't be precisely the same, as the Synergy modules are utilizing newly designed circuits. That said though, I have seen photos of dual-EQ (prototype) modules labelled B-man and T/D.

Cool, thx

My previous M4 setup was TWIN, VX, SL2X and EG5. I could get pretty much any sound I wanted from those options.

Trying to find that again - really looking forward to hearing the Friedman BE mod.

Nice, yeah I'd imagine you could do a lot with a rig like that...and I'd guess it'd be no problem getting the same tones out of the new system.

Latest posts