New Module - PLexi Plus ??

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys..... nothing fishy about this auction except perhaps the quality of the auction photo. :D

We have been Randall MTS dealers since the very beginning of the line but kind of put them on the back burner for a couple of years even though myself and Jay both personally own and play them. We stopped pushing them after their sales department pulled some real shifty moves. But those guys are gone and the company has changed ownership.

The excitement about the line seems to have come back and they have brought in a new amp designer which I'm sure you all know and he is really excited about the prospects of the MTS line. The word is that he is working on some new developments to get the MTS stuff back on line and moving forward.

Also someone mentioned $300 for a stock module, but these new Plexi Plus modules are at the typical MAP price of $199

Squid Music said:
Also someone mentioned $300 for a stock module, but these new Plexi Plus modules are at the typical MAP price of $199

Think the $300 was earlier on in reference to the GTO, not the Plexi Plus. :?:

New amp designer that we all know? Who is this? Is it who I think it is? Do you know who I think it is? I dont either, so please tell me ;) That would be awesome if the Plexi Plus is the start of a renaissance for the MTS line

rhequiem said:
New amp designer that we all know? Who is this? Is it who I think it is? Do you know who I think it is? I dont either, so please tell me ;) That would be awesome if the Plexi Plus is the start of a renaissance for the MTS line

Sorry, it's Delaney as has been mentioned in other threads and he's not exactly new, but new'ish.

GTO sounds like the Brahma but with some modifications/tweaks. At least by the beyond eleven description of it. Which makes sense. Seems strange to repackage a module that George still is endorsing without modifications. Plexi plus likely no new changes, as they just needed a change in the faceplate due to no Dan Donnegan.

Maybe GTO is the Judge .with a new name ..sounds like it could be ,ABrahma with more gain ..Maybe it is the Be/HBE from Freidman

robespierre said:
I ordered a Brahma from Funky Munky last Tuesday, they confirmed the order, but then they e-mailed me two days later saying they were out of stock, or discontinued(?).

I would have only paid $179 too!
They clearances the Brahma and the Grail out on eBay over at Funky. I bought one of each for $110.

I really hope that isn't the 1086 with a new faceplate. It has all the same features. They even kept the same knobs as the old 1086. That really doesn't make me feel to positive about that module.

schlagdog said:
robespierre said:
I ordered a Brahma from Funky Munky last Tuesday, they confirmed the order, but then they e-mailed me two days later saying they were out of stock, or discontinued(?).

I would have only paid $179 too!
They clearances the Brahma and the Grail out on eBay over at Funky. I bought one of each for $110.

When was this? Just recently? Or earlier?

At that price, I want one!

Okay here we go, in front: excuse me very very much but:

The PlexiPlus face is f*ckugly!! :?

I know they can't do all the graphic stuff we do, but what in the heck is that CRAP font on there? :shock:
Can't even read that on the picture, never mind in bad light on a stage..
I REALLY hope that is a prototype or whatever.

Now that that's out of the way: whoooooooooooooooooooo!!! :D
New modules, it's the end of the tunnel guys 'n gals!

The first though I had with the GTO was that it would be some kind of SLO..
Just going by the name though. I think it's unlikely they'd replace the Brama with a totally different named module.. but then again I did just have to flush my eyes out after seeing that mod. :?

When Randall releases these new modules (not anounces.. we've had that before) I promise I'll stop whining! :D

I'm sure it's just the 1086 with a new faceplate and a bad looking faceplate at that. Repackaging would really be a disappointment. I hope we figure it out before someone owning a 1086 decided they need the new plexi and gets it and realizes they already own one.

KillTone said:
Back in January at Winter Namm the people in the Randall booth told me that the 1086 was going to be re-packaged as the Plex-Plus. Not sure if the tweeked it at all, but it is the old 1086.

They better have tweaked that scoop side, because it was weak blanket recto-tone before

colors are expensive if you are going to offshore everything it works better in simple font and black and white ..

ok enough joking I do bet the GTO is a Lynch name he came up with and it is probably the Judge .which was somewhat Inspired by the Marsha HBE/BE

gtr31 said:
colors are expensive if you are going to offshore everything it works better in simple font and black and white ..
Basically what I said.

But with black and white you can still make a very very strong design.
This... isn't, I simply can not believe this is the real deal.
Unfortunately the box and other proof says otherwise..

Latest posts