New Power Amp Day!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBrewtus

Reaction score
:twisted: I finally worked a deal for a Peavey Classic 60 power amp. It is in good condition and just what I need for my RM4 rack build. I dont think it has ever been opened since it left the factory. Super dirty inside and original tubes but I got it cleaned up and tried it out with the stocker anyways. Tubes lit up and fan works quietly. Some crackle in the pots and the pre amp tubes but all went well and it sounds huge in my Carvin 4x12. Soon to install Tung-Sol 5881s and not sure what pres are to be used. Anyone play with one before? Pics coming soon.
It appears to be very simply inside and that probably adds to its reliability. Hopefully :lol:

Jealous! Ive been looking for one of these for a long time. I bought a peavey classic 50/50 that uses EL84's and was fairly happy with it until i ran my rm4 and the same modules through the 6L6 powered power section of my rm100 totally different better sounding world...
-mp-

null_zpse822baef.jpg
[/URL][/img]
Sorry just now uploading a pic. Picked up an ADA MP-1 as well. This is a superb light weight set up. The ADA tones are good but I still love my RM4 which is why I got the Peavey in the first place. RM4 is in need of some love so the ADA will hold me over.
My before and after clean up. It was a tad dirty haha. It had the original tubes too. Crazy. Went with EH6L6s instead and EDEN labeled Rubys.
null_zps8cf40db2.jpg
[/URL][/img]
null_zpsdd15d287.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Latest posts