New RM100 Owner!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Awake77

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

This is my first post here...I just picked up a used RM100 with clean, XTC, and recto modules for a great price, but the headshell needs some TLC. It's missing the rear grille, Randall logo, feet, and side and top handles. I believe the head was on tour and it was loaded into a rack case at some point.

How do I go about ordering these items? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
A77

Hey Bro welcome to the Forum!!!!!There is a customer service number floating around the board somewhere!!If I find it ,I'll post it.Good bunch of people hear!!!!!!!!!!!Enjoy the Amp..........Jason

Thanks man! I found it - 847-643-5120

Im really stoked about the RM100 - picked it up for $599 and it just needs some cosmetic work. I can't wait to get into modding the modules either - from what I under stand this amp is a tweaker's paradise :)

welcome! ...here's "contact" info,directly from Randall's website:

1-800 US SOUND (877-6863)
or
847-949-0444
Hours of operation: M-F 9:00 am to 5:00 CST.
Customer service is extension 5120
Customer service hours: 8:30AM - 5:00PM CST, M-F

enjoy! :)

Thanks!!

I called today and ordered the parts I needed: side and top handles, Randall logo, rear bar, and new thumbscrews for my modules - it was only $55!

The rep who helped me out, Ryan, was very friendly and professional. Chalk up an A+ for my first experience with Randall Customer Service!

Awake77 said:
Thanks man! I found it - 847-643-5120

Im really stoked about the RM100 - picked it up for $599 and it just needs some cosmetic work. I can't wait to get into modding the modules either - from what I under stand this amp is a tweaker's paradise :)

Paradise... hell... depends on your pleasure :wink: The RM100 is a very cool amp. Lots of tonal range with room for some neat tweaks.

The first thing I would suggest about getting a used or even new RM100 after making sure everything works. BIAS that thing! Make sure it's right. It's super easy to do and it makes a huuuge difference in the feel of the amp. When I got mine, I played it for a few months with the 6l6's untouched. When I decided to really play with the amp, I found the Bias was set to the TEENS on the plate voltage (Should be between 28mV and 35mV according to the randall manual). It was a whole world of difference when I set the voltage properly. DO IT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0e5bTa3MZo

This is something you'd normally have to pay an amp technician to do with another amp.

Thanks for the tip KonkeyDong - my one complaint so far is that the RM100 feels 'stiffer' than my other amp - havent even checked the bias on the El34's yet! Ill check it out tonight!