New single using Randall rig out!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harsh

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm very excited about this single. Finished recording late last night and still have to polish it up but I just had to put it out here for you guys to hear!

Please check out www.myspace.com/karybdisband and listen to the track "Worth It?". My other guitarist was using a Dual Recto, but my tone came out of my Randall RM4 rig using a Jaded Faith modded XTC. I was prepared to use the Recto but I swear the Randall just blew the Recto out of the water. The gain, tone, clarity - everything was just perfect and brutal! :evil: Check out the solo - harmonics and squeals were ringing out effortlessly and the sustain was just out of this world.

Randall / Rob - Thank you guys for the awesome tone.

Anyway, please comment. Would love to hear some feedback.

PS: Dont forget to play this LOUD :wink:

I'm listening through compu speakers at moderate levels (wife still sleeping), but the brutality rips through- the guitars sound great!

My only gripe (on a whole band scale) is the drums being too far up in the mix so that it's slightly obnoxious, and the snare sounds really "bouncy" rather than really crisp hits (at least to my ears), but the rest is good, even if it's not my thing : )
Actually, it's not so much the drums as a whole, it's just that **** snare, it needs to be dropped down in the mix and tightened up a heap haha

Yeah, the guitars are excellent in this but the drums could use a little work and the vocals just aren't for me I guess. I could see a lot of people liking them though.

Thanks guys. I'm surprised, though - I personally love the drums! Lots of guys have been telling me the drum mix sounds like it's is at par with some of the biggest bands. If anything, I think the guitar mix could do with a bit of work.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback so far. I wanna hear what the real metalheads think, so keep em coming.

I dig it. For me, the vocals could vary a bit, but still a cool tune, and mix.

I'd like to hear a hi-res version. I'm sure myspace is causing any degradation in sound quality.

BTW, my 3 year old had his head bouncing to this track...LOL.

SacredGroove said:
I dig it. For me, the vocals could vary a bit, but still a cool tune, and mix.

I'd like to hear a hi-res version. I'm sure myspace is causing any degradation in sound quality.

BTW, my 3 year old had his head bouncing to this track...LOL.

Thanks for the kind words, SacredGroove. Lol, Your son definitely has the right taste in music. :p

Yeah, Myspace does not let me allow uploading a high quality track. We will be tightening this track up early next month. Need a break - I dont think any of us are ready to be locked up in the studio again for a few weeks :wink:

That's Brutal! Good Brutal though :twisted:

I see where lolThrash is getting the snare issue. I don't find it annoying and would have likely overlooked it, but since it was pointed out, I do think its a bit to prominent and reverby. This is just constructive criticism though, I couldn't come close to the production quality your getting.

Keep it up I want to hear more, especially when you can get some hires stuff up somewhere.

Cheers!

Thanks dude! We're sitting down tonight to pick flaws in the recording in order to fix them at some point, and I will bring this up. I actually love the drums the way they are, but I'll mention that this is the feedback from the forum.

Can I ask a dumb question? My favourite part of the song starts from 3.20. What do you guys think?

Yeah, the tone came out sounding ridiculously brutal and tight. It's at par with my Recto, but lots more versatile. Of all my modules, the XTC was the last one I expected to sound that good! Thanks for the great job.

Getting some good responses to this track from everywhere, people seem to like it.