NGD - Lynch content

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhequiem

Reaction score
So, I'm in a gigging 80's rock/hair band, and have been looking for guitars that are both good performers and are affordable, since they will be hauled around to small clubs and be around drunkards (oh, and people NOT in the band who are drunk, too hehe). I bought one of these used on eBay. Its previous owner had replaced the bridge pickup with a Seymour Duncan Screamin Demon and put a brass trem block in it. When I got it, I cleaned the gunky fingerboard, installed a tremol-no in it, and put some custom inlays in it. I'm surprised at how good this thing plays for a $500-ish guitar. The neck feels great to me. I'm not sure I'm a fan of the Screamin' Demon, but that can always be replaced. I thought I'd share with my mts bros what it looks like now:

DSC03769.jpg

Close-up of the inlays:
DSC03772.jpg

Nice guitar, man. I'm an Ibby guy myself, but that's pretty cool looking. You can take a boy out of the 80's, but you can't take the 80's out of the man. :D

I see dr. Feelgood and it makes me sad. :cry:

Don't be sad, bro - it's home! You have a new, made-just-for-you dual channel headed your way. I hope it sounds every bit as good as the Dr Feelgood :)

Always liked that guitar!! Been kicking the idea of getting a Maple or Ash
bodied super strat as a project. Hit me up if you want to get rid of the
Demon!

BTW. Great control knobs on the 22. :wink:

rhequiem said:
Don't be sad, bro - it's home! You have a new, made-just-for-you dual channel headed your way.

The waiting is the hardest part... I think most of us have experienced the module wait. You must be getting pretty excited, I'm assuming those heading to Cali from Salvation are yours...

Yep, the Rhoadie and one of those Camerocks are mine :) Anthony sent me the shipping info yesterday morning, so I am hoping they don't get hung up in customs too long, and make it to me in plenty of time for the next gig. I think I am going to have to cut a couple modules loose after those arrive though, so it's going to be bittersweet. Maybe I'll start writing poetry on the bottom of the modules I sell hehe

nice :) i got the esp version.
also not a big fan of the screamin' demon here.

where do you get those inlays?

Nice! How's the neck on the ESP version? from what I understand, the body wood and fretboard wood and stock pickup (screamin' demon vs. the ESP version) are the main differences between the two. Have you had a chance to play both? I'm impressed with the LTD version for the price, especially now that it has a few upgrades to it.

The inlays can be found here. I bet they would look killer on the esp version too :)