Pete Modded 1086.......

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rellik said:
TheHunter, are you liking Pete's 1086 more than your Ultra/XL?

It is so hard for me to put one over the other as all the mods have there own unique tone, but if I had to choose between the 2 then yes Id take it over the ULTRA/XL any day, keep in mind that my ULTRA/XL is not a pete mod its one I did that is very easy to do, but its no Pete mod for sure.

As far as versatility the 1086 has more than enough options, It could cover slow rock to all out BRUTAL METAL WAR!

Ill post some clips tonight.

TheHunter said:
HOLY CRAPOLA,

Played my new PETE 1086 last night and OMFG it just shreds, MAILMAN was right, It has so much more gain on tap, its tight as it could ever be, and so **** articulate without being muddy anymore.

The mid switch actually sounds cool in both positions now, and the gain switch is just so sick. also added was a pull switch for the gain structure (I think) LOL. I need some more time with this particular new function.

ALL IN ALL this module has moved up to number 1 in my ranks.

For those of you who have to boost your 1086 to get what you need from it, save your foot and get it modded like right now right now. It's a MONSTER. That would be a cool new name for it actaully, PETE'S MONSTER!
I warned ya......Once the Modded 1086 is in your hands...NO TURNING BACK! :twisted:
Just dont leave it alone with your woman....this thing takes no prisoners and YES....no boost needed and its SUPER QUIET right?
****........making me Drool thinking about it! :D

MINE HAS ARRIVED!! :shock: :D :D ...I pick it up tomorrow afternoon!! ...I'm drooling on the keyboard again...I gotta go! :lol:

Later! :wink:

Sweeeeet!!! Give it some good feedback my Friend! Its going to take you for a RIIIIIIIIIIDE!! Hold on tight! 8)

I gave up on my stock 1086 too quick...now I may have to hunt one down & send it out to Pete

At some point, I may have the entire line!

Mailman1971 said:
Sweeeeet!!! Give it some good feedback my Friend! Its going to take you for a RIIIIIIIIIIDE!! Hold on tight! 8)

Wooooord! LOL :lol:

And the best part? The owners of the place where we jam are off on vacation for a week...got a WHOLE empty house to myself....VOLUME is the key word here folks! :lol: VOLUME!!!!

I'll have an update in a few days :wink:

:shock: :shock: :shock: WOW....played the Pete mod 1086 this afternoon. If anyone has one of these, send it to Pete ASAP. Do yourself a favour.

I have my rig connected via 4 cable method with the GT8. Only using the GT8 for effects...no pre-amps or modeling. The only thing I have is a bit of EQ setting...and I mean a BIT. No major scoops or anything.

This module alone, with Pete's mods is insane. You don't need a boost in front! (Mailman was sooo right about that). It's quiet when you stop, clarity is amazing, the gain is nuts! :twisted: ...and very cool 8) You can dial in classic Brit to hair to flat out BALLS!

Pete...this is awesome....it screams! thanks! :wink:

Pedro

BTW Dan, your 1086 is on my bench as we speak... :D

I think when I put my 1086 mod on the website, I'm going to call it the "Mailman Mod" :D

Pete

okstrat said:
BTW Dan, your 1086 is on my bench as we speak... :D

I think when I put my 1086 mod on the website, I'm going to call it the "Mailman Mod" :D

Pete
Haha! That would be just too cool. I just want to get others INTO THIS AWESOME Mod you got going! Cant believe that only a few people have ever even Heard it?
Man....thing is just a SLAYING machine and you make it sound Incredible!! If they love your Recto Mod.....They need to get ahold of this bad boy! That one is going right into the #1 spot on the RM100!! :D

.....honestly Pete....f'ing work of art :lol: ....seriously...this thing just rips! It is one bad mofo of a mod my friend! Something every hi-gain freak should have in his arsenal. :wink:

Holy ****, my accountant told me how much im getting for my tax return. OMFG way too much to spend at once, Pete do I have to buy a module or can you just get one and i send you money when i get the return?

This and the salvation bogner uberschall clone are the last 2 ditch efforts in keeping the RM100. I'm very upset i cant get to the caliber of a properly setup 5150.

I had a 5150 and a 6505+. When I 1st got them....thought they were the ULTIMATE in tone. Sounded great. But after a short and sweet honeymoon period. Got tired of the ONE TONE very quick. Same as the rest of the amps I owned. The modded 1086 sounds better IMHO than all the other amps I have owned. Stock it sounds good and it was the reason I bought the MTS in the 1st place. Now a MODDED 1086 is the REASON I sold everything else and came back to Randall. And all the other modded modules gives you tons of TONE possibility. Just cant be beat. :wink:

Mailman1971 said:
I had a 5150 and a 6505+. When I 1st got them....thought they were the ULTIMATE in tone. Sounded great. But after a short and sweet honeymoon period. Got tired of the ONE TONE very quick. Same as the rest of the amps I owned. The modded 1086 sounds better IMHO than all the other amps I have owned. Stock it sounds good and it was the reason I bought the MTS in the 1st place. Now a MODDED 1086 is the REASON I sold everything else and came back to Randall. And all the other modded modules gives you tons of TONE possibility. Just cant be beat. :wink:

I hope you're right because i have an opportunity to get a VHT deliverance.

The 1086 was my first module.. I loved it, when i boosted it, i was in heaven. Then I got the ultra, and i a/b'd them and found no matter what i did, the 1086 sounded solid statey, and thin. The ultra was fuller, and had more gain on tap. If someone buys my 8 string i can fund more module purchases.

tonymustang302 said:
The 1086 was my first module.. I loved it, when i boosted it, i was in heaven. Then I got the ultra, and i a/b'd them and found no matter what i did, the 1086 sounded solid statey, and thin. The ultra was fuller, and had more gain on tap. If someone buys my 8 string i can fund more module purchases.

I found the same thing....stock, not much difference between the 2 and it seemed like the Ultra had just a bit more gain. But Pete's mods give you number of tones to dial in. He adds a switch to change the c3 which makes the bottom end much tighter than the 1086 stock (this will be the one to use at hi vols imo), as well as a couple of other goodies! The 2 hi-gain kings are these 2 mods for sure. Ultra is the next to get modded :roll: ($$$$$) :lol:

I wouldnt get the Deliverance. Maybe the SIG, The pit's are cool but $$$. You could probably find a 5150 on ebay pretty cheap. I had a UL for a short while. I went back to a Dual rec and was much happier. The VHT's handle deep drop tuning very well. A little better than the 5150 and the DR. The 1086 is absolutely amazing with drop tunings. - my 1086 is stock. I will be sending to Pete one day. Want to get my Recto done first.
tonymustang302 said:
Mailman1971 said:

I hope you're right because i have an opportunity to get a VHT deliverance.

So how similar is the 1086 to a 5150 II? Both stock and modded 1086.

I'm asking because I have a 5150 II sitting next to me. I don't want to get a module for which I already have an amp.

Latest posts