Phaser pedal.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedemon

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been looking pretty hard for a phaser pedal, but not finding quite what I am looking for. I like the sound of several, but am looking for something more subtle; in most pedal the phase noise, is equally or louder than the guitar signal. The Mad Professor pedal has a mix knob that fits my need well, but at $400 is outside the price range!(and it doesn't sound that great either)

Looking forward to your suggestions!

Thanks!

dude i hear ya.... try the behringer ph9, very nice and subtle, i love it.

Get a G Major2 and let your effects worries fade away. Great sounding unit and the phaser will not add excess noise. If noise is a problem in your rig, the built in noise gate just might do the trick. Fits conveniently in the serial effects loop.

Daryl said:
Get a G Major2 and let your effects worries fade away. Great sounding unit and the phaser will not add excess noise. If noise is a problem in your rig, the built in noise gate just might do the trick. Fits conveniently in the serial effects loop.

do you like the phaser post distortion? I have a g-major and I never use the flanger or phaser because they are incredibly intense post distortion. I use a Bf-2 and Bf-3 and a couple of phasers like Ph-2 and the behringer before the amp and it sound pretty good... but yup you do get noise as well....

To be honest I really don't use either of those effects very often. I downloaded a patch from the TC Electronic site that is a really nice phaser and it sounds great. I think they take a little tweaking. The GMajor2 also has a lot of different upgrades under the hood. One thing I used to do when I played live was split my signal via LEHLE P Slipt Passive Splitter and sent one line to my amp and one via XLR to the board. Kind of a poor mans wet/dry setup. It works great for getting a good "acoustic" tone out of your electric as well. I don't know if that helps.

I tend to do what eedude does. I use an MXR EVH phase 90 in the front but use my G-system after. I don't like phasing after my amps so i only use the MXR. And as for the noise i just grit my teeth and bear it. I also use it in a loop so it is fully bypassed when off, just in case the noise is there even when off (as some pedals do). And the loop has a mix function that allows me to use less than 100% so i can make it sound more subtle (it's a loop on the G-system). So you might look at loops rather than pedals. Just a suggestion. Hope that helps.

Peace, Joshua

Thanks for all the responses! I think the G Major is an awesome piece of gear, but I am looking at pedals. I did the rack thing a while back, P I T A! The other benefit of pedals, I can use it with all the vintage amps I will one day have! lol But mostly, my stuff doesn't sit at home or in a studio, always shlepped place to place, sometimes on a plane even.

I found the BYOC Royal Phase, has the control (and hopefully tone!) I am looking for. Getting that here in a few weeks.

Thanks again!

speedemon said:
I found the BYOC Royal Phase, has the control (and hopefully tone!) I am looking for.
Yep, I was going to point that pedal out and suggest you buy and solder it up... I have a vintage reissue MXR Phase 90, and I am interested in picking the Phase Royal up from BYOC to see how much tonal difference there is...

If you're going for EVH tones, remember to put the phaser before the distortion.

Good luck!