• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

PICTURES of raising $ for Special Olympics by freezing

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
Sorry guys....I know this doesn't belong here but I know most people don't look much into the Off Topic forum and this is for a legit good cause...

Yes, it's time to swim...Frozen Belleville Lake in Van Buren, Michigan...They will cut a hole in the ice and we willingly jump in (dressed like idiots to boot)....February 11, 2012...

I've been a coach for Special Olympics for more years than I care to admit and this has become a great source of income for our organization...We're all volunteers as well so the money goes to where it should - the athletes...They work really hard to get where they are and I can tell you that every penny is used responsibly and so appreciated...

Here's the video from last year's Plunge:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P0c5zulz5k&feature=g-upl&context=G232fe2bAUAAAAAAADAA

Here's the site where you can donate:
http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/mattfig/belleville2012

Matt, you rule!! You are a real major dude with a good heart.
GtrGeorge

This hits close to home for me (my niece has down syndrome). Matt you sir are a great man and this is always a great cause. I'll be throwing in!

As we have discussed many times, this is dear to my heart. You got my donation brother.

I closed the shop to work as a substitute last Thursday with special Ed students. Playing a game with them to prep them for exams was the most fun I had all week! Those kids are great and working with them speaks volumes.

I saw the vid of last year's polar plunge and your acrobatics were impressive. I offer you a challenge, sir. Wearing a blue suit is one thing, but going tightey whitey's would be the ultimate level. If you jump in wearing only your underwear, I'll double my donation!! Seriously, anyone else want to challenge Matt to step it up a notch? Double your donation!!!
What do you say, Matt? Do you have the figs for this challenge? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
91_2002_37.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bump for a great cause!

I wanna see video of you getting out of that ice hole this year. Remember, you promised. :lol:

Well, although it's been unseasonably warm in the Midwest lately - I am not happy to report that it is currently 14 degrees (real feel of 0 degrees), snowing and windy...And now the reality of jumping into a freezing body of water is sinking in and I'm kinda freaking out...

So this is my last ditch effort...Make no mistake about it, this is a POLAR kinda day and I can't wait for it to be over...Any last minute pledges are most welcome and again, thanks to all the guys who donated! That money will be earned after all...

Well, it's time to put my bikini on and off to the festivities...

Matty - You epitomize what I consider a "good dude". I'm sure I speak for a lot of us when I say I hope you freeze your *** off!! It's worth what you're doing and me and the nice lady beside me give you a big thumbs up and huge warming hug!!!

Latest posts