• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

PICTURES of raising $ for Special Olympics by freezing

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys! Pics forthcoming but I gotta say....This was the WORST year for the plunge to date...I went in thinking it was 7 years in a row and found it was 8! In any case, the actually temp at dive time was 13 degrees with 21 mph winds...It was ridiculously br00talz....This was the first year I've ever seen other plungers just bail once they got in line...There were four women in front of us that were literally shivering cold before even getting close to the water...They didn't make it in...My group went in with style and I did my traditional flip and there are pics of us getting out this year too...The wind literally just shot right through you and made you feel literally frozen....The 100+ yard walk back to the indoors was very difficult and a few people even hit the ground and had to be helped inside...It was nuts but quite fun....Now I'm spending the rest of the day fighting a hangover and chills...

ANyway, that's the recap...It sucked but somehow we had fun..... :) Much thanks to those who made this day count by donating!

Daryl said:
Don't freeze your figs off!!! :lol:

First, this ^^^ is funny. I cannot believe I didn't think of this. Well done, Daryl. Well done.

On to The Fig, well done. It was brutal cold in Chicago today. I could not imagine doing that on a day like today. There may have been no ice on the water, but it was figgin cold (see what I did there). :lol:

Yeah, I've been drinking. Ran new electric in the basement for the upcoming, in home rehearsal space. Nothing says a fine electric job like doing it half in the bag.

I am SOOOOO glad I have 364 days to prep for the next one.... :)

You guys really came thru on the donations and my athletes wanted me to give a specific "thank you" to those they call my "internet music friends." They placed second in today's basketball tourney and are now 9-1 on the season...Your pledges paid for the athletes' lunch, gatorade cooler and entry fees for today's tourney....I will post a team pic soon so you guys can see who you helped....They are great guys and are as thankful as I!

Latest posts