question about mesa mark modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris_bubel

Reaction score
How does the markus or markx modules stack up against a real mark series mesa in sound? i really like the lead channel on mark IV's and was wondering if they come close or not

I have played the Mark V not the IV. I bought the MarkUs because it came very close with a real intense growel but it also tightens up well for lead. I tend to use one of the KH's fo my lead.

Going to talk to Rob about a customized Mark X. Get ahold of Rob if there is something specific you want.

All of Robs stuff is amazing!

Thanks for the reply.

I havnt actually got a modular amp yet. I've been seriously considering a rm100 but im researchig my options before jumping into anything. I will keep that in mind if I actually end up getting one.

Best **** amp I've ever played. Quality with the modded modules is outstanding. Still above par with the stock modules. Well, most of them anyway. The versatility is unparalleled. Hands down. These aren't run of the mill, digital one-off's of common tones. Real tube circuit replication and original preamp designs. I think you'll be happy you jumped in the pond. Not to mention the community here is a class act in itself!

Jaymzrock said:
Best **** amp I've ever played. Quality with the modded modules is outstanding. Still above par with the stock modules. Well, most of them anyway. The versatility is unparalleled. Hands down. These aren't run of the mill, digital one-off's of common tones. Real tube circuit replication and original preamp designs. I think you'll be happy you jumped in the pond. Not to mention the community here is a class act in itself!

Couldn't have said it any better myself!

Fyi some of the stock modules are fun. The moded ones are off the charts.

I have a Marque ( pre-Markus ) and I don't even like Boogie tones but it is a monster module. Some real great tones in there and you won't be disappointed. As far as quality the modded modules is usually pretty good as for quality of the amps I would have to say sub par. See how many here actually gig regularly with one of these amps???? Not many. Great for studio work and bedroom but these amps are prone to failure. Don't trust my word do a search on issues with RM 100's. Lot's of tube board arching issues and blowing of fuses and other problems. Don't get me wrong one of the coolest amp design ideas in forever and I love it but find yourself warned. Some guys say the transformers while overbuilt, are crap. Just my 2 cents and many here don't agree but I have 3 RM 100's an RM4 and a Rocktron VP4 with Eggie faceplate for use with the Randall modules on the way I think I know a little about these things.

they are great amps,might actually get an RM50 again in the near future.They are fun to play around with,but I have found there is a ton of tonal crossover with the modules.Ive owned a great majority of them trying them all out and did alot of a/b'ing.I tend to dial things for a particular tone that I like rather than working with the voices of the amps,so I realized it was pointless to have the modules after realizing alot of them would sound similar after I would spend time dialing on them....lol..they would be good for a studio with limited space or if you dont want to spend tons of money on boutique amp......